LSAT Writing tech issue - should I complain?

kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member

Hi all. I just did my LSAT writing for the August test.

With about 18 minutes left, while I was at the end of my second paragraph, the program started lagging significantly and froze. It was stuck like that for a few minutes, and then I saw that my second paragraph had been deleted. I rewrote it and finished the rest of my essay in a rush but did not have time to go back and proofread. Literally as I wrote my final word (typing was still slow for me because of lags), the clock hit 0. After the test I went back and read my essay and there were some typos. Not terrible, but I know that if my work hadn't been deleted, I would've had at least 5 minutes at the end to proofread. Is this worth complaining about and rewriting for? Has anyone had success with redoing their LSAT writing? Thanks!

Comments

• GGOrtiz93GGOrtiz93 Core Member
    3 karma

How many typos are there? if there's enough to warrant you rescheduling and writing your sample, I would reach out and see if you can redo it.

• marinagreenmarinagreen Member
    21 karma

Yeah I think it's worth it as long as you're up for a redo! It's super easy for them to reset it but you might need to call a couple times. I had a tech issue where I got kicked off and the first rep told me I would have to wait for someone to review my video but the next day someone reset it for me immediately. It's all about luck of the draw in who you're talking to.