Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind review: the explanation videos

Misti.LaPMisti.LaP Core Member
in General 14 karma

After you go through your blind review and are 100% sure of the right and wrong answers, do you watch videos of the answers you got right and were 100% sure about?

Basically do you watch all of JY's explanation videos after Blind review even if you were confident in your reasoning of the answer choices and answered the question correctly?

Also, I will say if I'm unsure about any question or I got it wrong I watch the explanation videos.

Thank you! Just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my blind reviews!

Comments

• francisobasfrancisobas Member
    25 karma

I think the best thing to do is to double check both your right answers and wrong answers. You want to know why your answer is right in the first place. Meanwhile, depend on when you hope to take the text. You may not have time to be reviewing every question you got correct. Good luck

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    edited September 2020 620 karma

I personally watch the explanation videos for the questions I got wrong the first time, but corrected for BR and also the ones I got wrong both times. JY's explanations help confirm the ones I got right and explains the ones I didn't understand. I find that watching him work through the problems also gives me insight on how to attack a question

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited September 2020 6866 karma

In my opinion, watch them all until you're good enough that you no longer have to. You are either confirming your thought process or learning something new, and sometimes both in the same question. Both aspects are critically important especially when your logical reasoning skills are still developing. (Side note - just because you're done with the curriculum doesn't mean you're done developing your reasoning skills).

One of the most important and most formative aspects of my development as a tutor was being forced to learn how to attack the simple questions in a consistent and principled manner, which spills over to the harder questions and sets the proper foundation. You can get away with some pretty heinous stuff and still get the right answer in most easy questions, so you need to make absolutely sure that your foundational thought processes are on point and that you can trust them implicitly before you start straying away.

• dazedandconfused-1dazedandconfused-1 Member
    258 karma

I pretty much have the explanation video and my blind review document turned on side by side when I'm reviewing. Before I click on the explanation video, I go through and BR the question on my own and confirm my answers (both the one I think is right and the ones I think are wrong). Only after I do that do I go check the explanation video to see if my reasoning for the answers were correct.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I think this really depends on how you are scoring. I also think a better strategy is to get a BR group together, take the same PTs, and go over the answers together. Much quicker on questions that do not need review than watching several minutes of video.

• Misti.LaPMisti.LaP Core Member
    14 karma

Thank you all for your help, I'm new to the site and I love it already. I will definitely take what you all have said into account and I will watch all the videos!