Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking Advice: Should I write November Flex or January LSAT?

Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
edited September 2020 in General 1417 karma

With less than two weeks left until November Flex deadline, my past 10 practice tests can range from 151-164.
Should I write for November or January LSAT? Or write both? I wrote the LSAT twice back in 2018 and received low scores as I underestimated this test. I would like to attend law school in Fall 2021 and looking at state tier schools in CA with medians ranging from low 150s-low160s.

November Flex or January LSAT?
  1. Should I write November Flex or January LSAT?13 votes
    1. Write November Flex
      30.77%
    2. Wait to write January LSAT
      15.38%
    3. Write Both November Flex and January LSAT
      53.85%

Comments

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Additional context-I will be a reapplicant to some state tier schools in CA as I was previously denied/waitlisted due to low LSAT scores.

• garbage.floodgarbage.flood Member
    edited September 2020 186 karma

I'd like to qualify my vote: You still have 2 months to study and achieve more consistent (and improved) results! Provided you have ample time to study between now and then (I would say at least 3-4 hours a day), I would sit for the November test, as the sooner you get your application in, the greater the likelihood is that you will get in to the program of your choice and gain access to scholarship money. That said, if you are not consistently scoring close to the score you want on PTs by November 1st, I would consider waiting until January, when you will be more prepared. Do not think of this money as wasted - getting a low score, even if you can get in to a school, will cost you far more over the course of your career (see AccessLex Loan Calculator: https://www.accesslex.org/student-loan-calculator/#/prospective-student/program-info).

This is a skills-based test. You will improve if you put in the time! The greater your improvement, the less money you will spend on your legal education. Take the time that is necessary to get the best score you can!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thank you so much @"garbage.flood" I appreciate it.