Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I focus on syllabus/ lessons or LSAT Preps if I take LSAT in August?

grant.ashley114grant.ashley114 Alum Member
edited July 2023 in August 2023 LSAT 54 karma

I am taking the LSAT in August.
So far, my highest LSAT score is 157.
Should I continue to focus on the syllabus/lessons sections or focus on completing LSAT prep Tests and watching the explanation videos after?

Comments

• chiderah.anaebue20chiderah.anaebue20 Live Member
    23 karma

commenting to get an answer too

• Xavier166Xavier166 Core Member
    150 karma

Following I work full time so following to the t is not feasible for me.

• GujjuGangGujjuGang Alum Member
    42 karma

same situation and same question here

• madisonbt98madisonbt98 Core Member
    31 karma

I think it depends on a few things: Is a 157 what you're aiming for? If that's the case and you are continuously hitting your goal, than I would just continue taking prep tests (with blind review/explanation vids). If you are wanting something in the 160s, I would continue with the lessons. You can still learn a lot of new info in 6 weeks. I think my advice would be to study the lesson material and work on practice drills Mon-Fri, and then take a full length practice exam on both Saturday and Sunday. You'll get a little bit more lesson info, and you'll go into the exam with 12 more completed practice exams under your belt.

• grant.ashley114grant.ashley114 Alum Member
    54 karma

I am aiming for a 165. I have only completed a few videos from this source. However, I completed the LSAT Trainer book authored by Mike Kim.
    I started investing more time in studying for the LSAT after the Spring semester ended, and since then, my score has improved by about 5 points.
    I will take your advice and focus more on the lessons than the Prep Tests. Especially because I am still getting about 12 wrong on Logic Games.

Thanks!

• tatiana.kcltatiana.kcl Core Member
    20 karma

Hi Folks, I also have question:
    I've just began studying for the LSAT. I've taken a few practice tests, and released the spots that is my weakness. Now, should I follow syllabus, or can I go to reading comprehension first, then back to logical reasoning lessons? Here is what I'm trying to understand, how tangible the sections are between one another?

• MFMoro23MFMoro23 Core Member
    5 karma

If you are getting that many incorrect on LGs, I would definitely focus on following the syllabus through that section of the exam. I started off terribly with LGs, but after going over the study material several times and using the fool-proof method with drills every day, I scored 0/2 wrong on my last two prep tests and 165 on the June LSAT (My diagnostic was 154). That isn't my goal score, and I am also taking it in August, but I have seen the most consistent improvement with LG because I focused so heavily on mastering them. This is why utilizing prep test analytics is so crucial. Take advantage of that resource and take drills of the type of game you are struggling with the most until it clicks.

• grant.ashley114grant.ashley114 Alum Member
    54 karma

Okay, got it
    Thanks!