Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January LSAT and priority deadline

I am going to take the LSAT this October and January, but I have one concern. The priority deadline of the school I want to apply for is until February 1st, and the results of the January test are likely to come out around February 7th. The school said that the January exam is also accepted, but is there a big disadvantage?

Comments

• thetrinabaileythetrinabailey Core Member
    138 karma

Good question. Wondering the same thing.

• Sam LeaderSam Leader Alum Member
    edited September 2020 15 karma

Hey! I've been in constant contact with my top 3 schools, I recently asked this sort of question when weighing which sitting to register for. If your top schools are competitive, and you are applying in a competitive stream (ex. general), then you should really aim to take a test before January. A lot of schools do rolling style admissions, so even though you might score high and your GPA is competitive - you might still get waitlisted or bumped for someone who had their application reviewed earlier. I would aim then to hit a home run in your October score, and use January as a last resort if you are looking for 2021 admission.