Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guys there is HOPE for y'all

DarklordDarklord Alum Member
edited September 2020 in August 2020 LSAT 586 karma

I had a 140's diagnostic around January 2020 and was stuck in the 160's since at least March 2020 (with an occasional 170+ score but these were on older pre-J07 tests only-- I only got one 170 score on newer PT)

Like many of you, I was aiming for a 170+ score on the real LSAT, but I was scared as hell because I was stuck in the mid-160's for sooooo long; to be exact, I was stuck at 166 for almost every single preptest in the 70's and 80's

After I took the 2020 August LSAT I continued to study assuming I was going to have to retake for October, and my score actually dropped from 166 to 164 during these past 2 weeks in the last few preptests I took; it made me so sad and scared

Just found out I got a 170 today

So relieved...

P.S. For those who wanted to know how I studied, I have used 7sage (obviously) but never did the CC; I had one hour of tutoring but the tutor just didn't work for me, and I am cash-strapped, so I didn't hire a tutor ever again

In addition-- here are my 2 cents:

• Contrary to popular belief, the LSAT is incredibly formulaic; so even if you have no natural LSAT gift (like me), by recognizing what wrong answers look like and what right answers look like, the LSAT becomes almost like math

• LEARN from your mistakes; and when I say learn, I don't just mean understand why each answer is right and why each answer is wrong; go one step further by learning WHY you thought an answer was wrong (when it was actually right) and vice versa, and then write down what you learned in a journal and review that journal so that you don't miss questions like that ever again

• so many questions on the actual test I think I got right simply because I spent hours/days/WEEKS trying to fully understand a few really hard problems (especially in LR); as a result, on test day, there were so many questions where, while none of the answers looked right, I just picked an answer based on pattern recognition of wrong answer choices that I wrote down in my LSAT journal

• it is not about how many PT's you take, but how well you review; the 2 weeks before the LSAT, I spent the entire time just making sure I fully understood PT 88 in its 100% entirety; apparently doing that worked

And lastly, THANK YOU to everyone on this forum who has answered my LSAT questions-- I couldn't have done it without you all

Comments