Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on Behalf of a 7Sage User: Extension Advice

Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
edited September 2020 in General 853 karma

[I am posting on behalf of 7Sage user: @JAGhopeful. Please feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you for your help!]

"I have a strange question and some unique circumstances, and I would appreciate your discernment. I am an active duty air force officer, and I purchased the premium package last year (planning on testing this past spring and fall).

Here's the meat of my question- when should I plan to prep for the LSAT? I want to devote at least 6-12 months preparing rigorously, but I chose not to do that this year as soon as I found out I couldn't apply for this fall. My fear is that I will prep for 12 months, rock the lsat, only to have a score I can't use for another 7 years (therefore making it irrelevant).

My premium membership I was grandfathered into expires next week, and I do not know whether to extend, choose to prep for a year, test, and save my scores for 5 years, or if I am better off losing my membership, and restarting once I receive career-field release.

Do you have any thoughts on this? Will a score that is 3 or 4 years old look bad?"

Comments

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

A score lasts 5 years. No difference in terms of when you take it in those 5 years. What you get matters the most, not when you took it in that 5 year period.