Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Learn new LR material before Nov. FLEX or focus on LG?

geoffrey1987geoffrey1987 Member
in General 25 karma

Hey, I'm aiming for a 165+ on the Nov. LSAT FLEX.

On my last five prep tests, I'm averaging just under that score, around 163 (173 average on BR).
I'm dropping a lot of points on LG with a median score of 15. I'm doing decently on RC, going -2 or -3 on average.

On LR, however, there's definitely room for improvement with a median score of 21/25.

Where do I go from here?

Ideally, I'd like to improve on both my weakest sections, LG and LR. I've been using 7Sage and PowerScore till now.

I heard the The Loophole in LSAT Logical Reasoning by Ellen Cassidy offers a different and effective way to tackle LR, but the book only just arrived in the mail.

Should I try to absorb new material now, or would my time be better spent focusing on LG?

Thanks guys! Best of luck to everyone writing the test in November.

Time to review, or review and learn something new?
  1. Review, or review and read new material?15 votes
    1. Read "The Loophole in LSAT Reasoning" + Work on LG
      26.67%
    2. Review what you know + Focus on LGs
      73.33%

Comments

• Sinanana7Sinanana7 Member
    155 karma

I highly recommend working on LG first. Improving LG will be very easy at your stage and satisfying. You have enough time to work on LR as well but start with doing a lot of games

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Look, if you are only a few points off now while missing nearly 10 questions on LG, (I assume by 15 you meant 15/23ish) and your primary and most important goal is only getting a 165 do not worry about the book. It is more important that you pick up the easy points. If you want to read the book for fun, fine. But make sure you really dig into drilling LG now because those are the easy points. You could theoretically get to 170 on just LG alone. Doing both seems like something someone with lots of time and who wants a 180 would do. You have an okay amount of time but most importantly want a 165,

• sierra_km24sierra_km24 Member
    73 karma

hi OP, I'm in a similar situation. I'm scoring in the 161/162 range with one outlier of 165, and I'm aiming to get 165+ eventually. I think LG is the fastest way to improve your score! One thing that might help you is using 7Sage's flex converter as motivation. For example, on my past tests, I put in my LR and RC scores and go, "okay, if I got one less wrong on LG I would have gotten __, or two less and gotten __," and just do that to see my potential. I think my 161s/162s ended up jumping to like 166 or even 169 once. You got this! Feel free to pm if you're interested in working together to improve LG before November!