Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT WRITING MESS UP

workin_itworkin_it Alum Member
in General 74 karma

HELP hahahhaah I took the lsat writing a week ago. I have tendencies to be a bit dyslexic when I am nervous........ so the whole time I am calling the main person in the prompt CLARA and today when my writing got approved I looked at the prompt again and her name is CARLA!!!!!!!!

I am dying inside from OMG what do I do but also..... it is pretty funny. Like it's not the biggest deal in the world, I have strong writing and could take it again, but wouldn't this one stay on file? I could write an addendum on my application?? Any advice?

Comments

• omerico7omerico7 Member
    94 karma

I don't think it warrants an addendum. One admission counselor said they barely look at it, and yeah like you said, it's pretty funny. :) I don't think it'll be a big deal.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I think you are okay. What they want to see there, if you are not a slam dunk accept/reject, is that you can write and reason well. There is not much you can do about it now, and any addendum you write is not going to tell them anything they do not already know. You were stressed and nervous about time and did not double check your prompt. You wrote an essay and mis-spelled someone's name. The writing exercise does not exist to check your attention to detail but to assess your reasoning/writing ability. Since you A: would not be telling them anything they could not figure out for themselves in the addendum and B: the mistake you made is not what the activity is supposed to assess anyway, my personal feeling is to agree with @omerico7 .

Pragmatically, they also may not even notice and sending them the addendum would point it out. They are reading these essays even faster than you are trying to write them. Just hold tight and hope it all works out, which, if they are using the writing section for its intended purpose, it should.