Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Best Simulate LSAT Flex?

Matthew19941Matthew19941 Core Member
edited October 2020 in General 102 karma

I'm returning to studying tomorrow after a 3 week hiatus and some discouragement. I'd like to take the January or February test as I hope to start law school next fall. I haven't taken the test in the Flex format.

I have a few questions about simulating the Flex format:

• When using my laptop to take the test is it best to do it through LawHub or on 7Sage? If I do it through LawHub would you recommend I just skip one of the two LR sections and than input my answers into 7Sage for Blind Review?

• When using my laptop would you say its better to use a mouse or just the touchpad or screen (I have a Surface Book)? I wasn't sure if mouse's are even allowed or not on the test.

• Would you recommend I tear out pages from a notebook? Also that I use the 7Sage proctor phone app with JY's voice as the proctor on LawHub?

Thank you!

Comments

• disindexdisindex Member
    57 karma

Yes, tear out 5 regular sized pages and limit yourself to that. You should be fine to use an external USB mouse. Call LSAC if you want to confirm but AFAIK people have used them in the past.

I like 7sage's testing platform better than LawHub. I'm practicing on 7sage with flex mode on (and occasionally full tests). I just did one/two tests on LawHub to get a feel for the real platform. I'll do one more before my test so I'm sure I'm comfortable on it.

Keep in mind theres no "best" way to do any of this. It's all personal preference.