Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with Logic Games

jmac1893jmac1893 Core Member

I've been studying pretty diligently for the November LSAT but am still doing really terribly on the logic games section (like, really bad).

Do I have enough time between now and the November LSAT to nail down the games with the fullproofing system? And do you just recommend starting with all the "core curriculum" games?

Thank you!

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited October 2020 4306 karma

What are some things you struggle with in LG? Timing? Game board set up? Making inferences?

There is always time to make improvement. Each logic game is unique (sort of), but this is a standardized test, which means that games will be similar in nature. Keep your process consistent. If you do the same thing every time you do a game, the unfamiliar becomes familiar. When you start reading rules, some things should be on autopilot; Every time you see one of the conditional rules, you should know immediately how to diagram it. You should be able to visually represent a game board when faced with a certain game type (sequencing, grouping, hybrid). Feel free to PM me to discuss in depth!

• sschch97sschch97 Core Member
    92 karma

I would personally start with the core curriculum on Sequencing! Go through it several times if you have to. I truly believe that if you can drill the concept of sequencing down to -1 or -0, you can start to mentally picture the correct answer in Logic Games or even the type of question you will be asked before you even see it. Sequencing and learning logical conditions are truly the foundation to understanding LG.

Don't feel pressure to time yourself in the beginning. I know it's only a month away and there is so much stress about that, (I'm taking November too so I completely understand) but accuracy is the most important. If you can get through three games in the time slot with great accuracy, that is a very promising starting point.

Feel free to message me! I have struggled a lot throughout my LSAT journey, but have gotten my Logic Games down to -1.5 average with best -0.