Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice about admissions...

Mike1111Mike1111 Member
edited November 2020 in Law School Admissions 17 karma

Long story short, took my October LSAT didn't do as well as my PT average. What are the chances of being admitted into schools ranked roughly 50 -100 with a 159 LSAT and a 3.7 GPA? I have good extra curriculars (worked for a political campaign, am a published writer, etc.) but should I consider taking the LSAT again? Or will my current numbers be good enough to get me into some these schools? Any advice would help, thanks!

Comments

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

You can go to LSAC website and input your stats. It will spit out which law schools are more likely to accept you.

https://officialguide.lsac.org/release/OfficialGuide_Default.aspx

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@Mike1111 decidely do what @JDream2020 says. However, your existing stats sound like they would serve fine to go between 50 and 100. A 3.7 would be above median for many of those schools

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

American University, the # 76 school which vastly outperforms their ranking career wise, has a 75th median GPA of 3.62 and a median LSAT of 159 but a 25th median LSAT of 151. You're therefore already above the 75th GPA and between 25th and 50th LSAT.

I think you already are competitive and if you take the LSAT in January and improve much at all you will be very competitive.

• cjb297cjb297 Member
    43 karma

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. A 153 is not a stellar score but it will most likely get you into several schools. I know my friend who is currently in a 50-100 law school had a similar LSAT score and a much lower GPA. Your GPA is excellent so I think you will be perfectly fine. My advice is to just apply to a bunch of schools and see what gets you the best offer.