Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NYU Early Decision or January Retake?

jdy_995_004jdy_995_004 Member
edited October 2020 in Law School Admissions 22 karma

Hi guys, I'm torn between two choices here: either apply to NYU, my target school, for early decision, or retake the LSAT on January.

My October LSAT came out to be 167, 3 points lower than my PT averages. I have a CAS GPA of 3.88.

I kind of lost confidence to do well on the LSAT anymore because I always struggled with Logic Games in REAL TEST setting. I always panic screw them up. But I also think that my chances are pretty slim with my current LSAT score... What would be the best approach?

Poll
  1. Early Decision or January Retake8 votes
    1. Early Decision
      62.50%
    2. January Retake
      37.50%

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@jdy_995_004 You could do both, but if you are rejected from early decision I do not think you would get the chance to submit the new LSAT score from January. You are in a hard spot with NYU, particularly because applications are up this year. Have you been making progress and improvement on your PTs? Are there still points to make up in LG or LR? RC is hard to improve, so hopefully you have room to make up in LG.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

Data seems to suggest you actually incurred a penalty for ED an NYU in past cycles. 3 points under both your average and their median? Supposed ED penalty vs. apply early with a 167 vs. feb potentially no longer splitting medians? For me a retake would be a no brainer unless you're URM.