Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT in a hotel

antwanantwan Free Trial Member

I'm going to be taking my test in NYC at a hotel. Any fellow locals have any suggestions on hotels? I live here so I have no idea about what the best hotel is to take this test :D

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Not in NYC so can't help with a specific venue, but I used a hotel for a couple flex tests.

Make sure there is ethernet available and verify if you need your own cable. At the very least, ask about wifi reliability or check your own hotspot reception.

Be aware that check in/out times can conflict with testing time. Sucks if you're a mid-morning/early afternoon tester.

If possible do a dry run the day before to verify everything works and get familiar.

For the love of god put the do not disturb door tag on before you start.

• I'm in the same boat. I would suggest anything where google workers stay at frequently; also, I plan to have my phone as a back-up Wifi in case the Wifi goes down.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@nicholaswebernyc Good idea, just make sure you leave it on DND and put it in the closet. No additional digital devices are allowed in the room.

• antwanantwan Free Trial Member
    19 karma

@nicholaswebernyc all set for a hotel nearby in Soho! Going there today to see if I can do a pre-run down and additionally if I can secure a quiet conference area in advance. @canihazJD Oh I will have signs up in all languages (including braille) and yellow tape on the door. haha!

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

hey @antwan I am also from NYC. Good call for going there today for a pre-run. Also ask if the person at front desk will the same person the day you take the flex. Also, keep in mind check-in and check-out times, etc.

Ask them to assign you to a room that is in an 'emptier' area of the hotel if they don't have many bookings on that day.

Consider taking the test in your room as opposed to a conference area unless they can guarantee no one else will be there with you. The last thing you want is someone strolling inside a business room and starting up a convo with you in the middle of your test.

Good luck!