Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any way to download explanation videos with LSAT questions?

BenbirdzBenbirdz Alum Member
in General 17 karma
It looks like all explanation videos with LSAT questions will be removed, is there any way to download those videos?

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Wait, what?
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Benbirdz first off, we have had no indication that videos will be removed. LSAC's new policy affects PDF's containing licensed content.

Secondly—and more seriously—The legality of ripping or downloading video content would be something to consider before the means by which one might do so. If you consult the Terms of Service (http://7sage.com/terms-of-service/) you will see videos are addressed explicitly and their intended use described in no uncertain terms:

Use of Site
    7Sage provides various materials, information, quizzes, tests, questions, articles, news and other information on this and related sites and in courses offered through this site (the “Materials”). 7Sage provides various videos in courses offered through this site (the “Videos”). 7Sage authorizes each User to view and download one copy of the Materials. 7Sage authorizes each User to views [sic] the Video only. Materials may be downloaded and a maximum of one copy of the Materials may be printed provided that Users make no modifications to the Materials and Users retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Materials on any copies of the Materials. [...] Any breach of these Terms of Service automatically terminates your authorized use of the Site.
    Please note especially that "Materials" (which may be downloaded, one copy per license/user) are defined as excluding "Videos," which may only be viewed and not downloaded.

@"Dillon A. Wright" @"Alan Cheuk" @"Jonathan Wang" @"J.Y. Ping" thoughts on this? Is my application of the TOS in line with intent?
  • hl2270dwhl2270dw Member
    41 karma
    @Benbirdz that's a pretty big logical leap, if y'know what i'm sayin'. And I mean, you already have access to the website. There's no reason to need a way to download it.
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    Definitely not okay. Don't do it, please.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Benbirdz I bet you're glad you checked! Definitely don't want to get into this sticky legal territory if you want to be a lawyer ... @"Jonathan Wang" well said and a great reminder of policy.
  • BenbirdzBenbirdz Alum Member
    17 karma
    @nicole.hopkins My bad, sorry, i misunderstood. That's good to hear!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Yeah, please don't download the videos. They're not going anywhere, don't worry! Just download the PDFs, which you can find by scrolling down your syllabus.