Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Potentially Burnt out days before my test #Help

Martin. TMartin. T Alum Member
edited November 2020 in November 2020 LSAT 53 karma

Greetings,

I'm taking the November LSAT FLEX on Wednesday. Originally my score was at 141but my score gradually increased over the passed couple of months. I've been stuck at 153 since the end of September, however, I have a strong feeling that I would be able to score higher if I learned to became more comfortable with the time constraints. I went from taking prep test every week to almost everyday along with other forms of timed and mastery practice. I am a person who in general has issues with anxiety. I am currently three days away from taking my LSAT test and I am experiencing a major reoccurring problem. For the past two weeks, I've been experiencing the inability to finish my test due to panic. I usually start to become frustrated and unfocused to the point where I'm unable to regain my focus enough to answer the remaining questions ( I was not experiencing this problem up until the last week of October).

I'm not sure if I'm burnt out to the point where it escalating my anxiety or if it's another underlying reason. I am hoping I can receive advice on what I should do from this point.#HELP

Comments

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

@"Martin. T" Hi there, from what I read, it seems like you are experiencing heightened anxiety due to the fact that your exam is around the corner. I have terrible anxiety too and to the point where I'll have physical symptoms and panic attacks here and there. I noticed I started doing worse on exams the week before my November flex because I was getting so worried that every score dictated what I would get on the actual exam.. but I just took my second flex today! I was a lot more calm and less adrenaline pumped than my first take on the LSAT. I think what helped me was the fact that I told myself that it's just an exam and made myself believe that this is just another PT exam. I also recommend deep breathing when you start feeling the nerves as that really helps slow the heart rate and calm you down. I didn't believe in that practice before, but after implementing it, i find it helps so much. I know these arent necessarily guaranteed solutions to your problem, but I hope they help. I think it's a lot about mindset and constant reminders that this test doesn't define your intellect. Try to relax for the rest of the day and maybe do soemthing you really enjoy! That way, you're refreshed for tomorrow. Don't put too much pressure on yourself and remind yourself that if you can get a 153+, you can do it again and it's very much a possibility for the November flex. Trust in yourself and best of luck to you on the exam tomorrow. I hope you get the score you want! :)