Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post LSAT

I studied hard for this test since March of this year, and I sat for the November Flex on the 7th. As I was studying, time seemed to move extremely fast and now that I have completed the test, time seems to be moving extremely slow. Nothing took me by surprise on the flex, but I think I caught a case of test anxiety: things felt so surreal as I was taking the test that it kind of felt fake? I don't know how to really express my emotions with words; however, now I wait to see this score that I feel will be low, but the post LSAT life, where I go cold-turkey with studying, is something that feels hallow to an extent because you put so much time and effort on the test and now it's over for a little bit. It's weird.

I am not sure what this post even means, but cheers to the LSAT takers!

Comments

• blue_spiritblue_spirit Member
    98 karma

agreed, it is weird! i just took the lsat for the first time yesterday. the routine of studying and working toward a clear goal was comforting in a way. but cheers indeed :)

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I took in October but I got the nerves and surreal experience. It was really hard to even remember any of the LR section after. I don't know if it helps but after feeling that way I scored 3 points below my average, 2 more questions than I usually get wrong. I felt like I performed right at it.

• jk3997jk3997 Free Trial Member
    106 karma

It is a huge relief but I also feel really hollow inside and having trouble focusing lol

• chellevangchellevang Member
    edited November 2020 136 karma

Hi, I want to add that the surreal feeling should NOT be indicative of whether or not you did badly. I too, had a somewhat similar feeling, but I was completely calm and took each question as it's own and didn't stress over my overall performance. While I can't remember the content of LR, this isn't because I did badly. I can honestly say, I never remember the content of LR because there are so many questions. Additionally, I've heard people on here say that this feeling, for them, was like muscle memory kicking in. They've done so many practice tests, that the mind just took over.

I hope you did better than you think. Please don't overthink your experience. Take it one day at a time! Don't worry about something that has yet to come ;).