Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 times too many?

shannannshannann Member
in General 6 karma

Hey everyone.

On the August LSAT I received a 160. I thought I was done, but I feel like I can still get a higher score. However if I take it again, it'd be my 4th time. What do you guys think?

Comments

• lawschoolherewegolawschoolherewego Core Member
    8 karma

Depends. More than a clear answer I hope to offer some questions that can help you think it thorugh :smile:

Why was it? Would you get a 170+ if you did it again? Do you need it to get great financial aid at the school you want to go to? Do you need a 170+ in general or not really? Would it affect which cycle you apply in?

I, for example, really need the financial aid. And I don't want to get in big debt because I REALLY don't want to do big law or shape my career and life around my debt. So I'm trying really hard to make it the smallest it can be. And the LSAT affects FinAid at my top choice school by a lot. And that's advice in general, not only for the LSAT decision-making

I was hoping to improve this week but I had a tough week and was homeless for several days and that was exhausting–and while I have hope, it's not that likely I'll do great. I might have to repeat several times too

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

I'd definitely consider taking it a 4th time if you can improve your score. That being said, if your PT'ing in the same range and all the signs are pointing to a similar score, then I wouldn't. So the main take away- improve your PT's and then retake!

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited November 2020 905 karma

Did you do proportionately better with this 3rd score compared to your 1st and 2nd as you hope to do with your 4th score? Taking that often will make your application weaker, so I wouldn't take it a 4th time UNLESS you are sure you would score high enough to stand out in spite of taking it 4 times. Anna Ivey's book offers some insight into multiple LSATs that might help you in your consideration: see if you can get a copy from the library/etc. Maybe even email/call some admissions officers at some of the schools you're looking at for their opinion - since they would be the one 'judging' your application.