Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good way to simulate LSAT format

AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
edited April 2015 in General 239 karma
Hey guys, when taking PT's, in order to simulate the conditions on the LSAT, I use the proctor and cut out each section from the 10 official LSAT books. I cut them so they're still attached, as if the real LSAT would be. They're like $20 on Amazon for 10 tests. Not a bad deal.

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I would like to add that you should start using your analog watch to keep track of time instead of the little e-clock on the app. The app should be used only for the directions, 5 minute warning, and distractions.
  • VegMeg55VegMeg55 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    587 karma
    I'm so glad someone else does this. I sometimes feel like a crazy person ripping sections from the LSAT PT set books.
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    @ddakjiking Thats a given lol
    2116 karma
    You would be surprised how many people do not practice with your watch. At my testing center, over a third of people didn't even have a watch.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    You could also rip out and then use an eraser! Just saying ... Not a fan of wasting $20!! Big pink erasers have enabled me to do many a retake ... Lil' bit of elbow grease goes a long way.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    How important is the analog watch?
    2116 karma
    @emli1000 I would say it's somewhat important for keeping track of your pace. The required clock in the room may not be in front of you. In my testing room, it was behind me which would have wasted precious seconds if I were to turn around.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    Mine was tiny in the front, so unless you were front and center you werent keeping track too much, especially of that last precious minute. I found having a watch pretty beneficial as it allows you to keep track. Just knowing is one thing but being able to adapt and know if you should be moving quicker on the easier questions or taking my time to make sure I dont miss anything.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @emli1000 ... 35minutes.com :)
    3462 karma
    Looks like I'll be ordering one then. Thanks.
    239 karma
    imo 180 watch works better
    3462 karma
    what's the difference?
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    I found my watch critical in February. I had considered not getting one, but I found myself under much more time pressure than in my practice test situations (even though I do practice tests with 33 minutes per section) simply because the test center was more distracting than I had expected. So the way I did it, which worked great and I will repeat in June, was to turn my watch back to 11:25 for every section. When the big hand is vertical, time's up. :)
    239 karma
    @emli1000 Easy reset's after each section, and theres a second's hand