Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Washington University School of Law

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share the good news, I got accepted into Washington University In St. Louis! From my first month of using 7sage, June, to now, I have found respite and great advice in these discussion forums. I never imagined myself to share some advice as well. So, here it is: do not give up, do not doubt yourself, you will always surprise yourself when you expect the least. If you have an LSAT score below a schools median do not shy away from applying just to save the $80. I had a 163, while WashU's median is a 169. Yet, they accepted me because of the overall holistic acceptance process. I would advice you too also use the Edit Once for your personal statement and/or diversity statements. These are major categories for admissions officers to look at. lastly, know why you want to go to law school. Your entire application will be built upon that foundation. Thank you everyone for creating this vibrant and supportive 7sage community. It has been a pleasure.

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4306 karma

Amazing! Best of luck in the future :smiley:

• dutchiebrowndutchiebrown Member
    170 karma

Congrats!

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

Thats amazing! thanks for your advice and congrats on your acceptance!

• 1952 karma

that's amazing!! congrats and good luck!

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4577 karma

Congratulations, that's awesome! Best of luck to you!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@gulfamhdhillon Congrats, that is wonderful. Glad things worked out for you. It is a great program, I will be applying there myself.

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

Congrats

thanks , good advice.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8418 karma

Congratulations! Must feel great to have a school like that locked in!

• lsatdiva333lsatdiva333 Member
    227 karma

Congrats! Did you apply here ED?

• 67 karma

Thank you all so much for the kind words!

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

Congrats! Your story gives me hope :')

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Thank you for sharing this! I am waiting on my November score but my previous LSAT score is also under median for WashU ( it was well under my PT) so seeing this gives me hope. I attended the Wash U open house the other day and really liked what I heard! Is your GPA above median by chance? There application for process does seem holistic, congrats!