Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] American University Washington College of Law in Washington DC

Would you take the test here again?
Yes! In fact I have registered for the Feb 2017 exam at the same location. I can't really imagine a more perfect LSAT test location (maybe something that's closer to me?). I had a good experience here on test day.

Proctors:
They were friendly, fair, and mostly competent. The main proctor in my room did forget to do a 5-minute warning on the first section, but I have no reason to believe this would be an issue in the future.

Facilities:
The campus and the building looked brand new. Everything was comfortable. The bathrooms were located directly outside our classroom, which made things less confusing during the break.

What kind of room:
Lecture-type class room, with rows of long tables. It was very well lit with natural light filtering in through the windows.

How many in the room:
I think there were about 50-60 test takers in my room.

Desks:
Long desks rather than individual desks, which allowed for plenty of space. Chairs were very comfortable and their height was easily adjustable.

Left-handed accommodation:
I can't speak to this, but given what the desks looked like I think it was probably good?

Noise levels:
No problem here - it was quiet, with no noticeable outside noise. One test taker had a cough.

Parking:
I didn't drive to the site so can't speak to this.

Time elapsed from arrival to test:
We started the test at about 9:30am. I arrived a little before 8am, and check-in began at 8:30am.

Date[s] of Exam[s]:
Saturday, December 3, 2016

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Once an eagle, always an eagle.
  • AidoeAidoe Free Trial Member
    236 karma

Sorry to resurface this post from 5 months ago, but I was wondering if you could comment on the clock situation of the room.

• Dark Knight VDark Knight V Member
    194 karma

@Aidoe Good question. I'm not 100% sure (it was a while back), but I think there was an analog clock hanging at the front of the room. I would highly recommend bringing an analog watch with a rotating bezel though - I bought one off the recommendation of some thread on here and it worked great. If you have time, of course practice with it as well. Good luck! Can't say enough good things about this test center in general - it was ideal in most ways.