Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not much improvement on LR with 7sage

AngieCaraAngieCara Core Member
edited November 2020 in Logical Reasoning 22 karma

I have not gone through the entire LR course on here, I have done able 1/3 of it and had to go through some of the lessons multiple times but it's just not clicking. My average is -10 and my average BR is -9. Anyone else having the same issue, tips to help understand LR or know of better study material for LR?

Comments

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

I've been stuck around -10 for a while as well. BR-6 lately. I know my timing is an issue. I also know that when I look at the explanations there are things I overlooked such as diagramming errors, or choosing out of scope answers. Any single word is up for grabs and has to be accounted for.I think I have to have a superb grasp of concepts & go faster. But clearly I'm no expert so...thts my 2 cents.

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    320 karma

Hi @AngieCara! I think you're doing fine. It's going to feel like a total slog until it finally starts to click. For some people it's after a month, for others it's after 6 months. Like you said, you've only done 1/3 of the LR curriculum, and since every section builds on the last, I would say you've barely scratched the surface.

Personally I think it's detrimental to do active PTs (or timed sections) when you haven't done all of the LR curriculum. Do focused questions sets on the particular question type you are working on so you can master it before moving on. And make sure you have the fundamentals of conditional logic down. Makes no sense to delve into question types when you don't have a solid understanding of the fundamentals.

And the important thing is there is no shortcut to time. It's going to take time for the specific LSAT thinking/reasoning process to really sink in. It's not something rote that you can memorize and regurgitate. So hang in there!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

I agree with @goforbroke in that I think it's not in your best interests to run timed sections or PT before finishing the CC. Focus on the lessons and do a good BR and review on the problem sets. Make sure you understand before moving on. If you're not even halfway through the LR CC, I'd take -10 as a positive indicator.

• lsatdiva333lsatdiva333 Member
    227 karma

Definitely check out other materials to supplement with 7Sage! I've tried The LSAT Trainer and Ellen Cassidy's Loophole, and I think both have helped.