Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From 146 to 144....

Has anyone experienced a significant drop in their rewrite???! I’m in complete disbelief. I was scoring 150s leading up to test day and for the last few months and did not sleep well the night before the November lsat. Still, I thought I managed alright and was expecting a modest 148 increase with my terrible sleep. I woke up this morning to see 144...I don’t know what to do. I have already finished the 18 applications I wanted this year and feel like I am now a complete reject for all law schools because of this dip. I was honestly expecting a 150 which could’ve very well made my chances okay due to my extra curriculars. If I rewrite, January will constitute my 4th rewrite. Any advice?? I’m just so upset with myself. The lsat is not how my brain works. I understand my scores sucks to a lot of people, but I have an extensive discretionary background that got me waitlisted at 4/13 schools I applied to last year with a 146. But now this...I’m contemplating whether I can even come out of this with any hope. Even if I get 150+ in January. I feel as though schools will view the dip negatively...

Comments

• aaaa1111aaaa1111 Member
    edited November 2020 16 karma

I'm in the same boat as you. I am a good student, but I am not a good standardized test taker. I have been scoring 146 on my practice tests and feel embarrassed I cannot even score higher than a 150. I am quite scared for the January LSAT, it'll be my first LSAT. Do not give up on law. You have worked so hard to let a test bring you down. You are not too far away from the average LSAT score, which is a 150. 150 can get you into many places, and you are not too far. I would say, Depending on your GPA, I would advise writing an addendum explaining how you are not a good test taker, but of course make sure your addendum is not an excuse, but provides law school an explanation of how you are not the best test taker, but your grades reflect your skills more as a student. Have you had a history of doing poorly? For example, how did you do on the SAT/ACTs?

Best wishes and do not feel discouraged. Still submit anyways, the 146 will most likely be taken into account, unless you want to try again and haven't hit your annual limit.