Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning?

MARKNYC1969MARKNYC1969 Member
edited November 2020 in Logical Reasoning 55 karma

Hi. I am taking the February 2021 FLEX LSAT. I have about 3 months now to study! 1) Is 3 months enough? I could also retake the LSAT FLEX again in April 2021 if I do not score high enough in February. 2) How should I prepare for the Logical Reasoning section? So far I have the Logical Reasoning bible from Power Score, the Loophole in Logical Reasoning by Ellen Cassidy, and a full 7Sage account. What is the best and why? 3) What about LSAT Demon for Logical Reasoning? Thanks!

Comments

• chris.emrichchris.emrich Core Member
    6 karma

I really think understanding common incorrect answer choices has helped me more in increasing my LR score than any other "tip" or whathaveyou. Creating my own problem sets and determining which question types need most improvement has also been beneficial for me. Good luck with your future test!

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    edited November 2020 990 karma

I am preparing by question types. I started with main conclusion questions and then moved on to role in argument questions. I believe if you can break down the stimulus by premise and conclusion and what the author is trying to say over all, you’ll be in good shape. Also, the ones you get wrong, understand what is it that you overlooked and take notes for yourself.

• edited November 2020 1952 karma
    1. it depends on where you are and how close you are with your target score. i recommend that you let your scoring call your timeline, not the other way around.
    2. i may be biased here, but i wholeheartedly recommend the 7sage curriculum. i think 7sage explains the lsat logic/concepts very nicely, and they have great problem sets along the way to help solidify your understanding. if you have other books, you can use them to supplement your studying. since you mentioned the other books, i can say that the translation drills and their "clir" method in the loophole book can be helpful; powerscore does a pretty good job explaining "prephrasing" or other stuff, but i personally found their mechanistic approach for some of the topics confusing.
    3. i didn't use the demon for lr, so i can't comment on it. i used it for their a.i. drilling, but even that, i personally prefer 7sage drilling/analytics/making my own problem sets. regardless, i think you should first familiarize yourself with the concepts before you start targeted drills.

hope this helps!