Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT logistics April Flex

MaxsimilMaxsimil Member
edited November 2020 in General 64 karma

Hello , I have finished the CC and taken the PTs up to 42 so far. I will most likely do the April Flex and wanted to know how many and which PTs should I take for score improvement (~15pts) . I do not want to take the flex without having enough pts under my belt and also was concerned about saving some in case of a retake. Thanks so much!

Comments

• edited November 2020 1952 karma

you may already be aware of this, but the first thing i want to recommend is to not waste your pts. i've seen so many people take 3 or more pts a week without doing a thorough blind review. don't rush through your review!

which pts should i take:
    i recommend taking pts and getting exposure from pts of diverse eras. for example, instead of taking pts from 45~65, take the odd/even numbered pts from 45~89. this way, you can get exposure of the pts from different eras (and you can save some from each era), even though the actual number of the pts that you ultimately take won't change too much.
    i say this, because you said that you most likely will be taking the april flex (or later flex exams). the flex exams so far had been extracted from pts from a variety of eras: the may flex was in the later 80's era; june flex was in the 60's; some on july were in the later 60's; some on august were in the mid-70's~early 80's; some on october were in the 50's, 60's, later 70's~80's; some on november were in the early 80's.
    as of right now, we don't have good predictions on what the april and later flex exams will be like, and i recommend that you save enough pts from each of the different eras to prepare for what might lie ahead.

how many pts should i take:
    this depends on how your review goes after completing a pt.
    as i mentioned before, you don't want to rush through your review. along the way, you also might need to revisit some of the topics in the curriculum, do targeted drills, etc.

when should i take the lsat:
    this depends on how close you are with your target score. i recommend that you let your scoring call your timeline, not the other way around.

hope this helps. good luck!

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4588 karma

Great advice from @"LOWERCASE EVERYTHING" . Make sure you're squeezing out all the learning you possibly can get from the PTs before moving on. Less is more when talking about PTs.