Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I still try for Jan lsat?

in General 140 karma

I haven't been able to score a 150 (untimed) the closes I've gotten is a 146. Recently I find myself stuck at a 143 (timed) but when I do blind review, I manage to get 150 (I've gotten this twice my last two PT's). I don't know if I'll be able to start scoring in 150's by January (untimed). I would really like to get into school for the fall. My LSAT goal is mid 150's. I'll take a 150 too honestly. Anyway, my top two schools' deadlines are March 1. I COULD take the Feb LSAT, but I'm wondering if that is risky. Should I wait for next cycle? I feel like my time is running out. My next test will be the third attempt. I would try at most 4. Advice?

Comments

• tsukkimoodtsukkimood Core Member
    18 karma

If you can take a February LSAT for this cycle and you feel like the extra month will be significantly valuable (i.e. stronger score, acceptable timing for your apps) that's not a bad idea. The only thing to note is I believe you can only take up to 3 LSATs in a testing year. Not sure how your scoring is going but maybe focus on perfecting the logic games for now? If your BRs are at 150 it means you have the potential to get there and improve too. Also if you are determined to apply this cycle I would check into whether you're confident your gpa and LSAT score together are competitive for the school you want to get into. Otherwise, there is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting a year and improving your LSAT score further. Good luck!