Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to LSAT as well as 7 sage

Hello everyone,
I am Poornima. I am studying law in my home country (India). I am interested in giving LSAT and study JD in US as well as get settled there.

It's my first week on 7 sage. I am following the study schedules consistently. I am interested in giving LSAT in or after May, 21. I am aiming a high score. 170 and above.

Is there any good /inspiring words for a beginner? Any do's/don'ts etc rhat I should follow as a beginner? Any words of wisdom from scholars of LSAT?

I will be glad to get guided.

Thank you

Comments

• edited December 2020 1952 karma

hey poornima, welcome!
    one regret i have during my prep is that i haven't used 7sage sooner.
    i think this community is really supportive and there's a lot of people here who are willing to help via the discussion forum, free tutoring sessions, webinars, etc.
    i think if you follow the 7sage curriculum, you're in a pretty good shape. one recommendation i have for you is that you take the time to really digest/learn the materials. don't rush your review and just keep taking and wasting pts: pts are limited, so be resourceful!
    lsat is a beast, and it takes many people a lot of time and effort to tame it.
    burn-out is real, so make sure that you're taking the time to do something fun (lsat and fun are mutually exclusive imho).
    i've also enjoyed listening to the lsat podcasts and hearing how high-scorers studied: https://7sage.com/category/podcast/page/3/
    feel free to reach out if you feel like you're lost or if you've hit your plateaus!
    good luck!

• poornima-1poornima-1 Member
    52 karma

Sure, thank you. I will be in touch with you 🙂. Thank you again for extending help.

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4577 karma

Welcome @poornima! Glad to have you. I think 7sage is a great place to start your LSAT journey.

I would say remember to exercise while studying for this test. I can tell on the days that I don't exercise I am much less productive and more prone to burnout. When I do exercise, I am much more productive. It's something we all know is good for us, yet sometimes we forget to do so.

52 karma

Sure sir, will be doing them.
    What all books should i refer for exercising while studying from 7 sage?

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    edited December 2020 815 karma

I do disagree with some of the posters here about not wasting PTs early in your study. If your goal is May, 2021. That is only about 5 months worth of study time.

There is close to 90 PTs, thats 3 months worth of PTs if you did one a day. Which is very unlikely as there wouldn't be a sufficient amount of time to complete that many effectively.

Given your limited time and to solidify what you learn as you go through the CC. I would suggest taking 1 PT a week. This will give you that AHA! moment when you see that what you learn in the CC can actually be applied under real testing conditions. Also, you will have alot of useful analytics that can guide you on your progress each week. This can help you review crucial CC points that are still fresh in your memory.

Another tip, don't start with the most recent PTs. Use the older ones and save the recent ones for when you fully grasp the CC and are in full PTing phase.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@poornima Given that you have just arrived and are seeking to learn from the experiences from others I think you are exactly the sort of person that will get a lot out of your 7sage journey. The best part of 7sage is how many people are here who want to learn from one another. Right now you are just starting out, so unless your diagnostic was well over 160 I think following the CC is the best course of action. You are starting well in advance of your test date so you have plenty of time to go through it carefully. When you are done and ready to move on to practice tests make sure you are really reviewing them thoroughly before you check your answers. The Blind Review process is the key focus of 7 Sage and a very valuable tool. I like to combine these two strengths of 7 Sage, the community and BR process, and BR on my own and then with a partner or partners who have taken the same test. We go over each question we aren't completely confident about until we have all agreed on an answer in blind review. In the end you will often see another way someone reasoned the same question to get to the correct answer. This taught me to think about each question in several different ways, which makes answering them easier and faster. Keep at it, and make sure you have a study schedule you can stick to. Good luck!

52 karma

Given that i am new here, I don't understand short terms.

May i know what is 'cc'?

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

@poornima said:
    Given that i am new here, I don't understand short terms.

May i know what is 'cc'?

CC= Core Curriculum. This is the 7 Sage course.