Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling Validated by Liked Comments

kyoshiwarriorkyoshiwarrior Core Member
in General 52 karma

We all know that social media engagement can be a source of validation in what we're posting on Instagram or Facebook, but I never thought that I could feel so validated by having some of my comments liked on 7sage.

For months I have been refraining from commenting too much on explanation videos because I thought I had nothing to say that hasn't already been said. I've also just been really intimidated by the geniuses on here lol. But I was exploring 7sage today and realized that I could view my past comments under the "Discussion" tab. And some of the comments I've made have actually been helpful to others! I have a few likes here and there and even a reply that my comment helped another student understand the question.

I've been so intimidated by everyone on here that I've refrained from really engaging in some of the discussions. But as it turns out, I actually have a solid grasp on at least some of the concepts on here! And I'm sure that's the same for so many people on here. I know JY says this at the beginning of the syllabus but I'm on here to reiterate it: don't be afraid of adding in your two cents! Even if you're not PTing in the 170's, you have useful and informative things to say that can help other people.

I just received my best score yet on a PT and also just received validation from some of my "likes" and I can't help but think maybe I'm on the right track after all. :')

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27828 karma

Congrats on your new high score!

And do NOT be intimidated on here. The value of these forums is in the discussion itself, not in "correct" answers. I've said some really dumb things on here (See generally https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/38298), but it was all a part of my growth. When I was most active as I was still coming up, I was mostly jumping in not because I had the right answer but because someone else had posted the right question. So if you see a right question, answer it! Even if you're a bit off, it can add a lot to the discussion. And sometimes, you'll be right on, and that is always helpful.

• 1952 karma

i'm definitely hitting a "like" on this post!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Man, I spammed this form like hell when I was studying - and I think 99.9% of the stuff I said was pretty dumb 😂 post whatever is on your mind!

Everyone here is at least a little nuts (I mean, they're studying the LSAT) and it's a great place to vent/encourage/ask for help/give help!

Also, totally liked your post as well!