Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for finding a quiet place to take flex?

havinagrattimhavinagrattim Member
edited January 2021 in General 94 karma

I'm planning on taking the LSAT summer 2021, so hopefully there will be an opportunity to take the test in person at that point. However, the prospect of having to take it at home is really stressing me out. My family is all working from home (and will continue to do so for at least the next year), and I have a lot of noisy animals. My anxiety makes me very sensitive to noise, so I typically have separate room accommodations on all types of exams. The noise isn't something I can get used to (it's not simply an annoyance but is something that can actually send me into a panic).

Has anyone with a similar issue found a solution? At this point, I'm thinking of saving up money to rent out a space for that day or something. Thank you! I appreciate any tips you might have. Best of luck to those prepping!

Comments

• odovek97odovek97 Member
    38 karma

I believe LSAC will reimburse you for a hotel room if you request it.

• 66 karma

I'm not sure about LSAC reimbursing you for a hotel room, but that would be a great option obviously if it can happen.

I know some boutique hotels offer "private offices" now, which are basically just hotel rooms that you pay a significantly lower rate for to just use during the day. I was considering this before I found a better situation for me, but may be something worth looking into as well.

• edited January 2021 1952 karma

lsac will pay for your hotel if you request on time (there's a budget limit though), as they have done so in the past.
    closer to your test date, you will get a form to fill out if you need a loaner device or a quiet space. there's a deadline for it, so i recommend requesting it on time!

moreover, you're now allowed to use earplugs during the exam so that might also help.

more info below:

https://www.lsac.org/blog/lsat-flex-and-supporting-candidates-during-covid-19
    https://www.lsac.org/update-coronavirus-and-lsat/lsat-flex

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

Yeah here's the response you get... I've applied for this several times but never ended up using it. You get up to $125 back.

Dear January LSAT-Flex Registrant,

We are pleased that you are planning to take the LSAT-Flex during the week of January 16.

We have received your request indicating that you do not have access to a quiet space with reliable internet access to take the LSAT-Flex. To the extent possible, LSAC is committed to helping all test takers to take the LSAT-Flex in an appropriate environment that is conducive to test taking. In order to assist you, we will provide you with a reimbursement for taking the January LSAT-Flex, up to a maximum of $125.00 (USD), to use toward a room at a local hotel or Airbnb that provides internet access. We will reimburse you upon receipt of a photograph of the hotel or Airbnb receipt and confirmation that you took the LSAT-Flex at a time connected to the date of the receipt and an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).

If you do choose to do this, we recommend that you consider completing your LSAT Writing section at the same time, while you have a quiet space with internet access.

If you would like to take advantage of this reimbursement opportunity, you will need to indicate that you understand and agree that this reimbursement is to be used solely to provide $125 for use of a hotel room to take the LSAT-Flex and that you are responsible for any other costs that you may incur beyond the $125 reimbursement provided by LSAC, and that you voluntarily assume any and all risk, liability, and consequences (both potential and actual) that are related to traveling to and/or taking the LSAT-Flex, or LSAT Writing test, at the location of your selection, including any and all risks, liabilities, and consequences associated with potential and or actual exposure to COVID-19 and/or SARS-CoV-2.

We have provided a link for you to submit your documentation. Only January Flex Quiet Place requests will be processed from this form. Please be advised, the link will not be available until January 16, 2021. Documents will be processed in order of receipt after January 16, 2021.

To submit your documentation, please click the following link: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6100392/Flex-Quiet-Place-Reimbursement-January-2021.
    Please note: You may have to copy and paste the link into your web browser.

Once there, you will be able to download the EFT form to complete, upload your documentation, and indicate your agreement to the terms outlined above. The deadline to submit your documentation is January 27, 2021. Any requests received after this date or submitted outside the form will not be processed.

Once we have received all required documentation, we will process your request. Please allow up to four (4) weeks for processing time of your reimbursement. Please direct any inquiries to LSAC-QER@lsac.org.

We hope that this support will provide the opportunity for you to secure the proper environment for testing. If you no longer need a quiet space to test, no further action is required.

Best regards,

Candidate Services
    Law School Admission Council