Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two 166s after a streak of 170+ should I take the exam or not?

I have been studying since July 2020 (160 diagnostic) and I took the November test and got a 166 after having scored in the 170s a handful of times. I know that I can do better so I studied through December and until 10 days ago, I thought I was ready to kill it. In the PTs that I've taken after the November exam I have averaged a 174 in 10 PTs. However the last two tests that I have taken have been 166s. I am not sure if I should take the exam this month (I'm registered for the 19th) or postpone another month. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Please let me know what your advice is. I would appreciate any insight as I need to decide if I'm rescheduling before the 15th.

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

Hard to say without more data. What are the actual 10 scores?

• amandapvamandapv Member
    45 karma

These are the PTs I've taken since I began my second round of studying after the November exam. They're listed in order from latest to oldest (I took May 2020 today). I would really appreciate any advice or insight. Could this be a confidence thing/burnout or a sign that I'm not ready? If you'd asked me 3 PTs ago whether I was ready I would have said yes 100% but now I'm not so sure. My weaknesses have been in the RC section (usually not a problem section for me (-2.4 average) and LG (average 2.6) where I missed key inferences and failed to split when it was way better to do so. I don't have anyone in my family or close friends to reach out to for advice on LSAT/law school stuff so I'd appreciate if someone has something to offer as advice.

May 2020: 171
    PT80: 166
    PT65: 166
    PT84: 171
    PT78: 180
    PTC2: 176
    PT68: 177
    PT74: 167
    PT69: 176
    PT67: 171
    PT71: 174
    PT64: 177