Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January LSAT

Miryana YaldaMiryana Yalda Live Member
edited February 2021 in January 2021 LSAT 69 karma

I am unsure what to do, and if you guys can give me advice I would really appreciate it!

So I am registered to write the January LSAT, which is in a few days. I wasn’t able to study enough because I work two jobs and other family responsibilities! I am scoring in the 140s and I have already applied to two good law schools in Canada (UofT and Queens) and plan to apply in the states. Should I defer the exam and write it in April and withdrawal the applications for Canada? Or should I write it and if I score that bad the day of the exam I can rewrite it again ?

Also, I am unfamiliar with the American applications but is it possible to apply in February 2021 and write the exam in March 2021 and still get in for fall 2021? I really want to start this year!

Comments

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

I was in your position last year! I regretted wasting my LSAT attempts on scores I was dissatisfied with and ultimately knew wouldn't get me into any schools. I say give yourself the time you require for the exam and withdraw your applications this year. That saves you from unnecessary pressure and stress, while also allowing you to put your best foot forward in applications next cycle!

• Miryana YaldaMiryana Yalda Live Member
    69 karma

Thank you for the advise

@emmorens said:
    I was in your position last year! I regretted wasting my LSAT attempts on scores I was dissatisfied with and ultimately knew wouldn't get me into any schools. I say give yourself the time you require for the exam and withdraw your applications this year. That saves you from unnecessary pressure and stress, while also allowing you to put your best foot forward in applications next cycle!