Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January, February, and April 2021 LSAT administrations are now LSAT-Flex

SSBM1000SSBM1000 Member
edited October 2020 in General 614 karma

I just got an email confirming that the January, February, and April 2021 LSAT administrations are going to be LSAT-Flex. It was sent as a general email, so all of you should receive one soon.

Comments

• Bebe2026Bebe2026 Member
    89 karma

Just got mine too

• PROMISED LANDPROMISED LAND Member
    340 karma

Thank you for sharing this info!

• jericha1jericha1 Core Member
    14 karma

Do we have the option to go in and take the LSAT normally? Or is LSAT Flex for everyone until further notice?

• SSBM1000SSBM1000 Member
    614 karma

@jericha1 said:
    Do we have the option to go in and take the LSAT normally? Or is LSAT Flex for everyone until further notice?

LSAT-Flex is mandatory in the United States until further notice.

• MoeshaW.MoeshaW. Member
    9 karma

How do you receive emails from LSAC? I have an account that is connected my to email.

• ___liz______liz___ Core Member
    8 karma

Is the LSAT flex order of sections the same each time? Or will it be random on test day?

• detroit_suzukadetroit_suzuka Alum Member
    194 karma

@liz said:
    Is the LSAT flex order of sections the same each time? Or will it be random on test day?

Random on test day

614 karma

@"MoeshaW." said:
    How do you receive emails from LSAC? I have an account that is connected my to email.

I received the email because I was registered for the February 2021 LSAT. Are you registered for the January, February, or April 2021 LSAT? If not, that might be why you didn't get the email.

• Lawyer LoochLawyer Looch Alum Member
    105 karma

This is such bullsh*t. The LSAT flex is terrible. If people can sit in restaurants and go to malls, they can surely take a socially distanced LSAT. This FLEX version of the test can sooo many issues, my October test was a nightmare and may have affected my score. I'm afraid this will happen again if I have to retake the LSAT. This is terrible news and I may just defer law school a year bc of it. Hate to be negative but f the lsat flex.

• 118 karma

@"Lawyer Looch" said:
    This is such bullsh*t. The LSAT flex is terrible. If people can sit in restaurants and go to malls, they can surely take a socially distanced LSAT. This FLEX version of the test can sooo many issues, my October test was a nightmare and may have affected my score. I'm afraid this will happen again if I have to retake the LSAT. This is terrible news and I may just defer law school a year bc of it. Hate to be negative but f the lsat flex.

do you mind sharing the issues?

• LSATdanceLSATdance Member
    9 karma

I had a lot of nerves going into the flex because of some technical issues. I had 3 different laptops prepped and tested with the Proctor U service, but on test day I was having connectivity issues. When the clock ticked down to test time and I didn't actually start the test, I became extremely anxious. I knew that I would have my room and computer checked and that this would take time, but in my mind I felt like it was eating into my actual test time (which was definitely not true).

Anyway- and I know this is obvious- but if you are not familiar with proctored online testing and you get flustered by the clock, just remember that the setup procedure DOES NOT count against your time allowed for the test.

• WallerNVWallerNV Member
    61 karma

HELP! What are all the forms of identification the proctors ask for the day of ones LSAT-Flex? I uploaded a headshot of mine to LSAC prior to LSAC changing these tests dates to Flex, but I can't seem to find my headshot on my LSAC account. Anyways, are they (LSAC) using the photos we had uploaded previously to LSAC to confirm identity on the day of your flex? I'm worried because I can't find my headshot that I uploaded which I would like to view. Also, if you happen to know where I can find my headshot on my account... please point me in the right direction. #stressin

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@WallerNV im taking mine tomorrow, i was under the impression you just needed your Id drivers license etc

• Manik PanicManik Panic Core Member
    edited November 2020 111 karma

hi hope ev1 is well. stay safe.
    anyways, test in Jan still enrollable? if not, feb?

• megameghamegamegha Alum Member
    29 karma

Hi guys, silly question but the registration for LSAT-Flex is the same as it would be for a standard LSAT correct? We still have to select a testing location although the test is remote?

614 karma

@megamegha said:
    Hi guys, silly question but the registration for LSAT-Flex is the same as it would be for a standard LSAT correct? We still have to select a testing location although the test is remote?

Hello,

That's correct, you still have to pick a location. I assume they are having us do that on the off chance the pandemic suddenly stops being a problem by test day.

• taylordipantaylordipan Core Member
    32 karma

So I took the LSAT-Flex in October and did not think it was that bad tbh. You only need your driver's license so there is no need for the entrance ticket. There are only three sections (LR, LG, and RC) and they open up the writing portion up 10 days ahead of the test. Also something to keep in mind, is to familiarize yourself with how the test will be given. The format of the test is VERY similar to how they do it on Law-hub so I would try to take a couple practice tests on there just to make sure you know how to use all the tools. There is also an option on both law-hub and here on 7sage to adjust any kind of accommodations you have (I have 50% more time bc of ADHD). You can also simulate an LSAT-flex test on ANY of the practice tests. I think there also might be a way that you can get accommodations to take the test in person, but I could be wrong about that and is probably only available to a certain group of people. Before I took the test, I made sure to get all of my things together the night before the LSAT. I cleared my work-space ENTIRELY because they have you show the proctor all four walls and any other spaces that have the potential to "hide" materials. I also reviewed the list of things allowed during the testing session and things not allowed during the testing session. For example, you are allowed a CLEAR water bottle without any stickers on it (I drank a smoothie while I was taking it and made sure it was okay with the proctor to have it). Also I've been hearing a lot of people talk about test-anxiety and the best thing that I would say about that is to find a way to replicate test day situations as much as possible; there is software that you can get (idk if it's free or not) where there is a proctor who monitors you while you take your PT. I know this might sound clique, but do your best to not cause yourself any extra stress; pretend you are just sitting down to take any old PT. YOU ALL CAN DO THIS AND ARE SO SMART AND I BELIEVE IN YOU! I know this sounds a bit preachy, but sometimes we can be our own worst enemy and psych ourselves out of doing something we KNOW we are capable of. (I'm totally rambling rn but if anybody has any specific questions about test day don't hesitate to ask me!)