Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to stop PTs before January's test?

I'm testing on Saturday, and I'm just wondering when I should stop studying? I took a PT Sunday and did well, so I feel really confident going into the test. Should I leave it on that note or take on more tomorrow? Maintaining that sense of confidence is really important for me going into Saturday, so I'm worried another PT might somehow mess with that if for some reason it doesn't go as hoped, but I don't know if it's a bad idea to have 6 days between my last PT and the real thing. I've still been doing some light studying and will continue to do so probably through Thursday, but I really can't decide whether or not to test one more time, so any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• TazuzazTazuzaz Core Member
    edited January 2021 13 karma

Same. I've been PTing twice a week. Still studying every day and my test is on Sunday. I'm so burnt out and I wonder if I should just chill out this week...I'd love to know the answer to solving this conundrum as well.

• sahilalim123sahilalim123 Member
    12 karma

Ay, I'm in the same boat here! Also have been taking two PT's per week and did well on my PT sunday. I think I am going to avoid taking full PTs just to keep the confidence going into the test and continue with timed sections till thursday (doing very light stuff on friday). I believe this will be a better move overall so that I don't get caught up in a bad score going into the test. On the other hand, I can see viewing the test as just another PT on your study schedule being beneficial to calming the testing nerves. Overall, though, I find that I score better when I'm refreshed and confident going in, so I'd recommend not doing another PT. Good luck!

• bellamaxbellamax Member
    68 karma

Same boat!! I was originally going to do a practice test today and thursday but after some thinking I decided to just re-do PT 89 tomorrow (since I've already taken it before) and hopefully get a confidence boost from that!

Other than that, I plan on watching some explanation videos on questions I missed during BR for previous tests and then maybe doing a timed section here and there just to stay sharp. Going to take Thursday and Friday almost completely off so that I'm not as burnt out!

• dutchiebrowndutchiebrown Member
    170 karma

I'm doing practice sets vs full on PTs up until Friday, I simply no longer have the patience to sit for it after four months of devoted study.

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited January 2021 905 karma

I know for myself, I'm doing this week just as any other week, with the same frequency of PTs. That way, for the actual test, it will feel more like a regular day and I'll be 'fit' for it. (Full disclosure, I started taking a LOT more PTs per week in January as 'stamina training,' so the idea of stopping with a week to go makes me fear having nothing else to do :p and a fear of newly acquired understandings regressing, eeek!! But, that's just me and as a piano player, shout out suzuki method!, I know what happened when I didn't practice constantly ...). So I'm trying to set everything up and looking at the actual test on Sunday as just a regular PT - I'll call it PT91. ... Except it will be creepy, because someone will be watching me and I won't be able to have a cup in front of me or anything snack-y.

When I took time off to foolproof games (and before that when I took time off to read a logic textbook), my question misses spiked. So, I don't want to take time away. I don't want just a few days off to create a negative spike on the most important test of them all!! I know I'm lucky, though, because I'm not worried about burn out (and never have).

So, if you had PTs scheduled at a rate all the other weeks lately, I'd still treat this week that way. If you're testing on Sunday, I would stop either Thursday or Friday (if Thursday is your last PT day, you could review the PT on Friday, then review everything else and drill on Saturday; otherwise PT on Friday and review that PT on Saturday and still have time to drill on Saturday). :)

• amandapvamandapv Member
    45 karma

I'm having the same problem because the last two PTs I took have been disappointing and I don't want to go into the test with a negative streak. Before I took those two PTs(I got 166 in both) I was averaging at 175 and I even got a 180 just before dropping to 166. That made me super anxious because it's the score I got in the actual November LSAT and what I'm trying to improve on. Today I got a 171 which is not as good as I was hoping but still better. Should I continue doing other PTs to try to get back my high score streak or am I risking burn out? Ideally I would want to go into the exam after a streak of consistent 170+s but what if I take another PT and I my score drops again? I think that would be terrible for morale. Any opinions?