Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not feeling thrilled with my performance

Felipe A.Felipe A. Member
edited January 2021 in January 2021 LSAT 62 karma

I took the retake yesterday, I realized the exam overall was fairly easy. However, I underperformed. I ended up guessing on the last two LG questions because I ran out of time because I spent too much time on the 3rd game which i think maybe got 1 or 2 wrong, and I usually score a -2 to -0. On the LR, I went slower as well. Im so upset that I left some points on the table due to strategic errors, and also for the fact that this was an easy exam and I let the pressure get to me. Now I'm afraid I might not get my goal score. Anyone took the retake? how did it go for you?

Comments

• charl_ttecharl_tte Member
    23 karma

I also took the retake yesterday. Agreed that it felt like a relatively easy exam----but the last PT I took on LawHub beforehand was PT88, to which it could not compare. I finished LG with seven or eight minutes to spare, LR with ten, and RC with four (all of which are far above average for me), but I still feel like I wasn't careful enough and squandered a relatively easy exam because of nerves.

Point being: You're not alone! Cliche as it sounds, I'm using this next week before we get our results to take a deep breath and reset. I've done so much reading and realize that how one feels after an exam is not often a reliable score indicator. Some people leave feeling great and underperform, while others feel like they've gone through a meat grinder and manage to beat all their prior PT scores. Similarly, some people feel fantastic and leave with high marks, while others leave feeling overwhelmed and have scores that don't reflect their potential. I'm hanging in there with you!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    edited January 2021 2042 karma

I also took the make up test exam. First of all for anyone who took that exam no matter if it was the easiest test ever or the all time most difficult it is totally natural for each of us to feel anxiety, second guess ourselves and even miss more points than we would have otherwise. Because all of us who were at the retake already experienced some sort of issue or issues that LSAC deemed serious enough that we were granted a retake in the first place.
    So when I went through all of the prechecks and all of the sudden the proctor wouldn’t allow me to use the same computer I had just used 4 days prior to the test and had to then drive to go get another computer it absolutely felt like oh here we go again. I am sure all of us had this in the back of our minds.
    But as I went through the first section LR and started to realize hey there is some difficult questions here but these questions aren’t insane it caused a mix of relief and confidence that I was going well and also some anxiety that oh my gosh this could be it. This could be the test that I could get a great score on if I don’t screw up. Like you guys I feel like I could have missed some easy points. It also stresses me out that Powerscore predicted a super tight curve (-7) but I know I really tried.
    I also took PT 88 as my last test ( as a repeat) @Charlette so the whole test I was waiting for a flower game or really difficult reading comp. @"Felipe A." my best score on file at this point was from that October test featuring the shredder game that I didn’t finish. You may have done much better than you think.

• kaatrianakaatriana Member
    61 karma

I also took the retake but on the 28th. Do you know if we can also expect our scores to be returned on the 3rd?

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

@kaatriana, the retest we are referring to was on the 28th. Scores should be released on the third as long as you have completed your LSAT writing.

• kaatrianakaatriana Member
    61 karma

@FindingSage Thank you for responding!