Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lower Score 2nd Time Around

dhill2020dhill2020 Alum Member
in General 84 karma

What do I do if my 2nd official LSAT score is lower than my first? Completely devastated test-taker here.

Comments

• Masters512xMasters512x Member
    81 karma

I am in the same boat, I did okay the first time, studied a lot and was PTing well with 7sage but anxiety completely took over during my exam and I did worse this second time.

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello it is normal to be lower the 2nd time around. Its terrible I have been there. School do not care too much if the 2nd score is lower they only report the highest one. If your score is not drastically lower then I would not worry about it too much! Keep working hard!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27861 karma

That happened to me too. It does suck, and I took a month or two to sulk around and feel bad about myself. In hindsight, I’m glad it went down that way though; I think I needed to be kicked before I was able to make major changes. When I came back to it, I knew I had to find a different way to study. So instead of studying the LSAT directly, I used it to study the way I studied. I refined my study theory and strategy first, and then my LSAT score followed right along with it. So reflect on how you’ve been studying, throw it in the trash, and use your reflections to start over and find a better way.

• laura_lololaura_lolo Live Member
    161 karma

Thanks for the advice....I scored lower also second time around....I don't completely understand though because first time I took it I didn't study...second time around I studied harder and even took time off work to study....so I'm completely confused how my score went down! I'm also disappointed too!