Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Invalid Argument Lessons HELP

ValBerroaValBerroa Alum Member
in General 77 karma
I just finished the invalid/valid argument form lessons. I just trying to put the pieces together but it is not working for me. How does this tie to the Logical Reasoning and Logic Games? is it only for MBT questions? I have all the cheat sheets next to me for reference but I still don't see how is going to help me. If you guys don't help me, I won't get a 165. /H -------> /165. Thank you family.

Comments

• brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    -Pushing together rules to make inferences in LG
    -Diagramming parallel method/parallel flaw questions
    -Diagramming any stimulus with a support structure that is unclear
    -Inference MBT/MBF (as mentioned) in LR and RC
    -Sufficient assumption questions

I don't do too much diagramming on the test now (except for the occasional difficult parallel question) but I certainly did early on in my prep. The better you are at understanding when an argument is valid and when it falls short, the better off you'll be. The valid argument forms help you to understand how an argument's premise(s) are used to prove/attempt to prove its conclusion. This shows up all over the LSAT. Hope that helps!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @ValBerroa said:
    If you guys don't help me, I won't get a 165. /H -------> /165.
    Haha—I must invoke an LSAT Trainer flaw type: one way is not the only way!

Just keep progressing through the material; I think you'll see how these come into play. It might be a good idea to bookmark/star these lessons and return to them for review at a later time once you've been exposed to all of the material.
  • ValBerroaValBerroa Alum Member
    77 karma
    Thank you guys. I thought I was getting it but now I am more confused. I think I have to start all over.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    It's very important that you memorize these forms.
    At first I didn't understand what they were for but once I got deep in the course it started to make sense.
    I made flash cards to memorize these forms.

https://www.goconqr.com/en-US/p/1509201/
    77 karma
    @emli1000 Thank you but the link didn't work for me. It says I must be log in.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2015 3462 karma
    Ahhh really? they used to let people view the flash cards without having to make an acct :/ if you want you could make an acct lol it's kind of useful ... if not i could send you my notes on arg. forms.
    77 karma
    @emli1000 got it thanks.