Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice please! Should I ED to Georgetown?

I have 3 years of post-college work experience at a law-related nonprofit, a 3.81 undergrad LSAC GPA, & a 170 LSAT. Georgetown is my top choice and they'll take ED apps until March 1st, but I would prefer not to ED unless it's my only realistic shot of getting in at this point in the cycle. I'm above their medians but this cycle is very competitive and I'm already late in the game, applying against the deadline. Would ED'ing be basically my only realistic shot at getting in at Georgetown at this point? Appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

You're above median and your LSAT is above 75th. I wouldn't with those stats, unless you are fine going there at full cost regardless of other options. All it does is remove your school choice and negotiating ability. Not sure what ED would add for you. You seem to think your prospects are poor... why?

• jennyma2224jennyma2224 Member
    45 karma

@canihazJD Thanks for the response. I read a few months ago that applications were up this cycle by around 85% with LSAT scores in the 170-180 range, which makes me really nervous and unsure how much previous year's medians are a good indication of where I'd get in this cycle.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

I mean yes you should definitely assume this will be a slower and more competitive cycle. I don't think that warrants ED'ing though. All it does is signal yield potential and that they won't have to shell out $. I could be wrong but I'd say you're fine stat wise. Even if they are looking to raise medians this year, remember that half of admits are going to be below whatever median they target...and their class size is huge. If the competitiveness is your concern, that is better addressed by a retake in my opinion.

• edited February 2021 1952 karma

how much more of a boost (if any) you'd get from ed'ing at georgetown has been debated.
    according to this blog, georgetown is one of those schools that seems to treat ed applications no differently. https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/applying-to-law-school-to-ed-or-not-to-ed/

note that this article is from 2016, and it may not accurately predict this current cycle which seems to be relatively abnormal; however, whether ed'ing in this cycle is your "only realistic shot of getting in at this point in the cycle" is still up in the air.
    i want to bet that it's not.