Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

doing Logic Games in my dreams

edited February 2021 in General 1050 karma

Anyone else doing Logic Games in their sleep??

Seriously though, it made me think about how important a good night's rest is for this process. We may think that constantly studying is the answer, but sleep is where we process what we've learned. A set number of hours isn't possible for all of us... I know there are many on here with full time jobs, young children etc. But just a friendly reminder that, if you're able, get a good night's rest!! :) The choice between an extra hour of study and an extra hour of sleep is starting to feel easier for me to make. Last night while I was dreaming, I was actually explaining to a friend something I had learned about in the Loophole earlier that day haha.

Comments

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    611 karma

I've done games in my head (like satisfying inferences) as I've drifted off into sleep. Some how it doesn't keep me up?

But seriously, I wish I realized earlier in life that resting can be conducive to studying. Thanks for the reminder :)

• LSATulcerLSATulcer Member
    111 karma

This happened to me with Logical Reasoning questions. lol

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

I dream about the dinosaur game sometimes....dang mauve t-rex

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

I think its a good thing... thats your brain organizing and storing those patterns. You're doing enough that it's like, ok shit... we need this stuff accessible. If you make this test just part of your life, it'll be that much easier to destroy it on test day. Also your handle and avatar are awesome.

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

@"Burt Reynolds" said:
    I dream about the dinosaur game sometimes....dang mauve t-rex

oh my goodness that game threw me for a loop when I first tried it.

• 1050 karma

Thank you @canihazJD!!

@"Burt Reynolds" @lsat_gunner I haven't done the dinosaur game yet... it sounds like a doozy. Which PT is it?

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

I had a dream where I had to like physically move game pieces into spots. It was similar to the Harry Potter scene where they had to move the chess pieces around ahaha. I think it is a good thing like @canihazJD said. After studying for a long time I wish I had learned less is more earlier in my studying.

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

@Burden_of_Floof said:
    Which PT is it?

it's PT 57 -- I didn't even know mauve was a color before that game lol.

• edited February 2021 1050 karma

@kkole444 that's so cool! It also reminds me of the Queen's Gambit where she's able to visualize the chess board on the ceiling. Man, if only I could do that for LGs... just look up at the ceiling and conceive every possible game iteration haha.

419 karma

@Burden_of_Floof said:
    Thank you @canihazJD!!

@"Burt Reynolds" @lsat_gunner I haven't done the dinosaur game yet... it sounds like a doozy. Which PT is it?

I think it's in the high 50's PT (57? 58? I think it's one of those). It's hard mostly because the questions almost all feature conditionals/hypotheticals. It's probably not as hard as the CD game but it consistently ranks among the hardest games to ever appear on the LG section.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited February 2021 8313 karma

@lsat_gunner said:

@Burden_of_Floof said:
    Thank you @canihazJD!!

I think it's in the high 50's PT (57? 58? I think it's one of those). It's hard mostly because the questions almost all feature conditionals/hypotheticals. It's probably not as hard as the CD game but it consistently ranks among the hardest games to ever appear on the LG section.

I've seen every released game. CD and Dinos would be my picks for two hardest, with CD's definitely being the harder of the two. The CD era... maybe 20s-30s was like the renaissance of logic games. Late 50s and early 60s too... Dinos, stained glass windows shudder.

419 karma

I've seen every released game. CD and Dinos would be my picks for two hardest, with CD's definitely being the harder of the two. The CD era... maybe 20s-30s was like the renaissance of logic games. Late 50s and early 60s too... Dinos, stained glass windows shudder.

oof that stained glass one. yeah the late 50s and early 60s PTs are LG nightmares.

• lennono88lennono88 Member
    105 karma

I picked a set of 8 games that are sort of tailor made for splitting, because I wanted to specifically practice that. I did them over and over for a couple days and, yeah I started doing the splits overnight.