Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recognized 3 of the logic games in a preptest I took today from months ago, is my score still valid?

ssand0384ssand0384 Core Member

I didn't remember any of the inferences or how to diagram the games since I originally took them back when I was really bad, but i did remember taking them, and I'm wondering if i should even count the scores from this preptest as a result.

Comments

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

It counts. I'm sure J.Y remembers some of the games he instructs us on in the LG videos from his early practice. A lot of these high scorers on here have done most of the PTs for practice in the past. Doesn't mean it doesn't count.

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

Count in but understand that it may not be completely representative of your performance on that games section.

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4300 karma

I agree with what @learn2skipQs said. As long as you didn't remember the answer choices, didn't draw inferences off memory but rather by skill, I think you're fine to count it.

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello, I had the same issue I recognized some games. However the game types were the ones I have been constantly drilling for over a month. I remembered the set up of the board games more than anything, but I haven't had a problem with doing for the most part, so I don't think it affected me in anyway too greatly, plus I scored within 2 questions that I normally do, so its not like I was getting -6 and then this exam I got a perfect I was always right in the 3-5 wrong on average and this time I went -2. On top of that I also did not complete all the game sunder time some games I went over by a minute or two and others I was under by a minute. I do not remember any specific answer like "ohh this question is D" and only spend 10 seconds on it. Yes there was probably a slight advantage having seen it before mainly that you were more calm and that allowed you to not stress as much, but other than that I think it is safe to count it. And if you want just give yourself that average LG score and apply it to the PT you took to get your 'actual' score. I took the average and seen how it affect my score and then I took what I actually to give myself a range.