Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Instagram Tutors/7sage Tutors

axbSunDevaxbSunDev Member
in General 256 karma

Hi 7Sage!

I have been studying for this monster of a test for almost 2 years now (working full time) and have finally realized I should probably get a tutor for extra practice. A bit late, I know, but now I can actually afford one. I have seen some Instagram LSAT tutors who have great reviews and are pretty popular. But I also heard of some 7sagers who provide tutoring services I think. Any recommendations? Any advice before you ask an LSAT tutor for their services?

Thank you!

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited February 2021 8313 karma

I'd be wary of individually operating tutors. Not that they can't be good, but just make sure there is a track record, or some way to verify legitimacy. You should be able to verify an official score if they are not otherwise vetted by some established company. They should be willing to do a free consultation. They should be willing to tailor an approach to you specific needs... I'd be suspicious of anyone that tries to force a rigid approach on you or worse someone else's curriculum (unless they are actually working for that company).

Keep in mind that anyone can market themselves as a tutor, and many people who have no business teaching this test do so just to make a quick buck at the student's expense. Also, even if someone has scored well, that doesn't mean they can teach it. And even if they can teach it, that doesn't mean they can teach it to YOU.

Our tutor list is here: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/4760/7sages-approved-tutors/p1

Everyone on that list is great and vetted by the community/admins.

I've also heard good things about elleSAT, powerscore (if money isn't a concern), and Ellen Cassidy (if money REALLY isn't a concern).

Also, depending on your scoring level, you might consider taking advantage of the forums and looking for someone scoring a bit above you that needs a study buddy.

• axbSunDevaxbSunDev Member
    256 karma

@canihazJD said:
    I'd be wary of individually operating tutors. Not that they can't be good, but just make sure there is a track record, or some way to verify legitimacy. You should be able to verify an official score if they are not otherwise vetted by some established company. They should be willing to do a free consultation. They should be willing to tailor an approach to you specific needs... I'd be suspicious of anyone that tries to force a rigid approach on you or worse someone else's curriculum (unless they are actually working for that company).

Keep in mind that anyone can market themselves as a tutor, and many people who have no business teaching this test do so just to make a quick buck at the student's expense. Also, even if someone has scored well, that doesn't mean they can teach it. And even if they can teach it, that doesn't mean they can teach it to YOU.

Our tutor list is here: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/4760/7sages-approved-tutors/p1

Everyone on that list is great and vetted by the community/admins.

I've also heard good things about elleSAT, powerscore (if money isn't a concern), and Ellen Cassidy (if money REALLY isn't a concern).

Also, depending on your scoring level, you might consider taking advantage of the forums and looking for someone scoring a bit above you that needs a study buddy.

Thank you!

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

@canihazJD I <3 that handle, btw. Great points! I agree, I'd be cautious about who you choose.
    When I selected my tutor (shout out to @"Quick Silver") I read through the 7sage tutors' write-ups and picked a few tutors whos stories resonated with me and then reached out to them to see who had availability that worked with my schedule (highly recommend at least the same time zone, otherwise it's a scheduling nightmare). It's really so personal and you want to make sure you can communicate well, so take advantage of the free consult to get a feel for their methodology and teaching style to make sure it gels with how you learn. Interview them, ask about what's important to you (do you just want someone to BR with you? Would you like more or less hand-holding? etc). The more you know about what you need/want/are looking for the easier it will be to find the right person. Best of luck!

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1306 karma

@axbSunDev I manage our in-house tutoring program. Our 7Sage tutors are all thoroughly vetted, trained and supervised to ensure that they provide excellent service to our clients. Additionally, with a median LSAT score of 177, you'd be hard-pressed to find a group of people more knowledgeable about the LSAT!

We offer free consultations where you can meet one of our tutors and ask all your questions about the program. We'll even go over your analytics and do help you diagnose your biggest issues, on the house! You can book a consult here:

https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult

Let me know if I can help in any way!