Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage has helped me tremendously! Finally having everything "click"!

hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
in General 323 karma
I started out in early November with a 144 diagnostic and have been on a very slow and steady process of trying to understand all this logic AND learn games, I was a noob at games, hard. Anyway yesterday i took June 2008 PT54 and scored a 154 with a blind review of 167! (my best score thus far and my best blind review score by 5 points) things are finally starting to click and I just want to give a REAL LIVE SHOUTOUT to JY and Jon for this website being cheap and easy to access! I made a 148 on my February score which i wasnt ready to take, in an attemmpt just to try and get in this fall, and now i wish i wouldve waited bc my school is leting me retake it for June! Hoping this last month keeps enlightening me and i'm gonna do my best to To get in this fall, if not I KNOW FOR A FACT I WILL DO BETTER AND BETTER WITH 7SAGE's METHODS!!!

Comments

• hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    gotta work on timing now and keep drilling sections and then reviewing them and a huge key has been to READ THROUGH THE TESTS AND WORK OUT WHY QUESTIONS ARE RIGHT AND WRONG! you will start to see patterns and realize u can do it!
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14094 karma
    Hey congrats! :D We're very happy for you.

I like that you cited your BR score.

I've said this in the BR lessons but it's worth repeating: your BR score is effectively your theoretical highest score. This is because if you're doing BR right, then what you're effectively doing is taking the LSAT's time constraint out of your test. This means that your BR score is effectively what your LSAT score would be if instead of a 35 per section constraint, you had an infinite time per section "constraint".
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @hrjones44 said:
    READ THROUGH THE TESTS AND WORK OUT WHY QUESTIONS ARE RIGHT AND WRONG!
    This is the most helpful part of BR, imo.
    323 karma
    Thank yall for the encouragement !
    323 karma
    I feel that my blind review score is reachable for sure i just need more time and familiarity!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    We love you too! Good job :D
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @hrjones44 said:
    I feel that my blind review score is reachable for sure i just need more time and familiarity!
    Yes, exactly! Time, time, time ... work, work, work ... honest self-appraisal and double-covering all your bases vis-a-vis the fundamentals.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @hrjones44 kudos to you! And bravo for telling people your journey. I'm in the same boat. Keep at it!
    323 karma
    Maaaan, thanks y'all so much! i am taking a test tomorow after work i hope i can make a 155 or so at least now that things are starting to gel, will update!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @hrjones44 Let us know how it goes! And don't forget about the BR groups ... we'd love to have you :)
    323 karma
    what does the BR group entail?!

3462 karma
    @hrjones44 You take a PT under time conditions (if you have time, BR your PT on your own before you meet with the group) and then you Group BR the PT with other members. They go through every question and if anyone doesn't understand a question they go over it and explain their reasoning. Or if there's a question that the group has different answers too they review all of the answer choices.
    323 karma
    OK cool i'm about to test now i'll post later
    323 karma
    I just took PT 66 and scored my second consecutive 154!!! I'm glad i at least matched my last score, have yet to blind review it, but this is very encouraging as i felt i could've done much better on it!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @hrjones44 said:
    I just took PT 66 and scored my second consecutive 154!!!
    Good job!!
    323 karma
    feels so good...
    3462 karma
    @hrjones44 your score will continue to get better with time :)
    323 karma
    Thank you @emili1000 !!! i sure hope so by june! if not i'll be disapointed! but even if i do well enough in June to get in this fall, i still wont have maximized my score, which in some ways will be disappointing too..
    323 karma
    My last two scores have been a 159 and now a 158! PT41=159, and PT68=158, so my scores have made a nice little increase bc that 159 is my highest score and before that it was 154 just a cpl weeks ago, so my last four tests have been 154, 154, 159, 158!!! coming together!
    323 karma
    Gettin ready for june!
  • harrison.krupnickharrison.krupnick Alum Member
    25 karma
    Congrats! Thats a great improvement! You should be really happy with how far you've come.
    323 karma
    I appreciate that Harrison.Krupnick my name is Harrison too!