Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT in books vs. the LSAC Lawhub

Am I the only one who scores significantly better when I take the PT on paper vs the online version?! I can take the PT on paper and score 25-27/27 on RC sections but seriously struggle to hit 20/27 on the online versions on Lawhub, sometimes its even lower. It's not that I'm doing more recent or older tests on paper vs online either... I literally just STRUGGLE with scrolling to see/read the reading passages online and HATE that I cannot notate like I normally do. Trying to to highlight or underline online is hit or miss because half the time it underlines the words below or above where I want it to and I AM FRUSTRATED. Does anyone have any tips?? I know I could try taking notes on scrap paper but I feel like that wastes precious seconds and is just distracting. I feel like the online version is discriminating against us old-school folks who prefer to read and write on REAL books/notes vs virtual/online texts.

Comments

• Ramens27Ramens27 Core Member
    19 karma

Ahhh I absolutely agree with you. There may be accommodations that can be provided for you in a paper version instead of online. I wish I had not missed the deadline for such accommodations for the April LSAT-flex. Wishing you all the best!!! My current plan is to work on improving my familiarity with the online version with its tools provided.

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

Yea I’m taking the April one, too. I have been practicing the online tests via Lawhub and have improved some but not to the same level as when I take paper tests. I will def improve on my Nov score at this rate but it is still obnoxious taking online tests. I’m so old school, and yes, older (I’m 37) lol.

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello @tonyahardzinski I would put the two passages (paper, online) next to one another and see the questions that I missed because of the online version and write it down. I would try and remember the things that I did not pickup from the paper version and look for that when reading the online version. I never highlight on the online LSAT. My first LSAT was a paper and pencil one. Maybe the stuff you are able to annotate with pen on the paper version is the same stuff JY says to put in low res? I also take the exam on 7Sage so I can get the analytics but then Blind review on Law hub to get familiar with the format. Here is what I told another 7sager about the low res and how I did no like it at first.

I use to not like writing the low res and thought it slowed me down, but I forced myself to do it and keep the words i write down to under 7, sometimes if I add tone or something it might go over by a few words. By keeping it under 7 it helped me be quick about the low res because i use to struggle getting to the last questions, and it also forces you to stop and think about the passage this helps break the story up so it is not all one blob, and it also allows you to see the structure more easily and if you need to reference the passage the low res will help guild you on where you need to look. You will get faster and you will get better at low res summaries. I use to get a little stuck on what to write in the low res(many people do) but now after doing it so much I kind of repeat the same things because the LSAT repeats.
    Now I do not look at my low res that much but it forces me to keep the passages separate in my mind because I stop and write about each passage. Also you will recognize passage structure when you BR. In the first paragraph of most passages the passage will reveal what the next passages will be on. The most common and easy one to spot it say: A new economic theory it being mentioned in the first paragraph along with the old economic theory. The next ~2 passages will give examples (evidence) why the new theory is better or why it should be adopted and then the last paragraph will indicate whether we should reject or accept the new theory. this style lay out is very common. and once you catch on to the way the passages are going to be laid out and what is going to come next you will shoot down to -6/7 because you wont be so 'surprised' and will know 'okay next they will give and example of why its better' and when this happens you wont need to write on your low res 'first example X better than Y' because that will be in your head from the inherent structure of the passage and you'll be able to write things that most benefit you.