Flex - Mac

carolinelsatcarolinelsat Member
in General 103 karma

I am scheduled to take the April flex and have been practicing/will be taking my exam on my Mac. It is a MacBook Air that is using macOS Big Sur Version 11.1. I have seen some horror stories on Reddit regarding the use of a mac on the flex, but it is my only available computer. I just wanted to reach out to this community to see if anybody has any advice to try to prepare my computer to be compatible with the Flex/ProctorU requirements as much as possible in advance. Any advice is greatly appreciated... just trying to ease some of my tech nerves!

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8486 karma

You can get on proctorU and have them vet your setup beforehand. Get on chat and just ask the rep to do it. Make sure you're using the same internet connection you'll be using on test day. If you have an update do that first then test the setup.

• carolinelsatcarolinelsat Member
    103 karma

@canihazJD said:
    You can get on proctorU and have them vet your setup beforehand. Get on chat and just ask the rep to do it. Make sure you're using the same internet connection you'll be using on test day. If you have an update do that first then test the setup.

Thank you so much!!