Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR In Rounds ?

Hello community, I recently listened to a podcast with J.Y and and 7sager Sami and one with Bart who both had a phenomenal journey and improvement and one thing I picked up was both of them saying they did LR in rounds on test day and PT ? Does this mean that they do LR questions basically twice within a 35 min period ? Or am I getting this all wrong ? For reference the podcast is on Apple and Soundcloud . Thanks so much !

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello,
    what I think they mean 'by rounds' is that they are getting the low hanging fruit first.
    They go through the questions and do the easiest ones first then they go back and do all of the harder ones. This helps improve LR by giving yourself a chance to get to all the LR questions and second it helps make sure you are not spending way too much time on a tough question that you're likely to get wrong. If you are going to get a question wrong you might as well spend as little time on it as possible.

• MaxsimilMaxsimil Member
    64 karma

@kkole444 could you go into detail how this would look like in real time ?

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Typically the 170+ scorers want to do the first 10 questions in under 10 minutes(on the low end more like the first 13--15 in 11-12 minutes). Then they will go through the 15+ question by reading them once and crossing off the answer choices they know to be wrong and flagging the question if they do not know the answer for sure. And once they have gone through all the questions in the section this way(Qs from15-25/26) they will then return to the questions they flagged and do a deeper analysis of the question. If they still don't know they will keep it flagged and go through the rest of the flagged questions and if there is time they will return to the ones that they are less certain about. This is where they get the 'rounds' from. It is like peeling back an onion get the easiest then the medium and then the hardest. For the times given in the first 10-15ish questions they will be at or under the time on all of them and on the questions which are their strengths they will beat the time by many seconds. And they will not typically go back to the first 10-15 questions unless time permits or is necessary.