Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Consider rescheduling or try to recover?

Hello,

I'm studying for the upcoming April LSAT FLEX. This will be my second time taking it. I haven't seen much improvement and Ive dug down hard on logic games for the past month.

To be honest I've not been studying as hard due to working on a couple races up until about a month ago, when I decided to take a PT and then drill through some of the intro lessons here and one of the other well known book on logic games (the LG Bible). I took another PT (82 to be exact) and found myself scoring much lower than I did when I tested a month ago.

Im trying to score a 160 and I've consistently scored 154 since my last LSAT in August. As I said, I took a bit of a break from studying due to a hectic work schedule but it didn't seem to hurt my score. Today I scored a 147 (151 blind), and I'm stuck on what my next move should be.

Looking for #advice on how to go about my studies the next month or so, as well as honest feedback about potentially pushing my LSAT back to June.

Thanks all.

Comments

• PFT CommenterPFT Commenter Core Member
    249 karma

I'm not in a position to be throwing stones from my glass house, but scoring at a 151 BR means you probably do not have a fundamental grasp on the concepts yet. What is the rush to write in April? If you were to push back to June or August test dates, you would have more time to gain a better grasp on the core concepts.
    However, I am currently learning that developing the fundamentals is only half the battle. Timing and strategy play a huge role in improving your score. Especially with a goal score of 160. Choosing which questions to engage with and which questions to surrender to is super important. Like I said, what's the rush to write in April? If you delay, you will have more time to sufficiently prepare and also reduce some of the stress you currently feel.

• edited March 2021 14 karma

Thanks! Kinda wondering the same myself. Are you the real PFT?

• SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
    311 karma

@johnjamesbower said:
    Hello,

I'm studying for the upcoming April LSAT FLEX. This will be my second time taking it. I haven't seen much improvement and Ive dug down hard on logic games for the past month.

To be honest I've not been studying as hard due to working on a couple races up until about a month ago, when I decided to take a PT and then drill through some of the intro lessons here and one of the other well known book on logic games (the LG Bible). I took another PT (82 to be exact) and found myself scoring much lower than I did when I tested a month ago.

Im trying to score a 160 and I've consistently scored 154 since my last LSAT in August. As I said, I took a bit of a break from studying due to a hectic work schedule but it didn't seem to hurt my score. Today I scored a 147 (151 blind), and I'm stuck on what my next move should be.

Looking for #advice on how to go about my studies the next month or so, as well as honest feedback about potentially pushing my LSAT back to June.

Thanks all.

Push it back. I'm not sure of the deadlines, but if it's all the same you can wait until the day before to withdraw, just to have that added pressure on your studying. Sorry for the flat answer. but if you race, I am guessing you are deadline-oriented (also like me!). Happy to have a quick chat over Zoom if that helps.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I concur, I don't see the benefit of an April date since you're likely already pushing applications back to next year. Push to June and commit hard, get that improvement you seek, and be ahead of the game for next year's applications.