Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breaking down improvement goals

mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
in General 938 karma
Hello, everyone!

I hope your LSAT studying is tedious and unfun! Just Kidding!

I've been keeping away from the forums as of late because they are sort of a huge distraction when I'm trying to study (4 Weeks left:() So I'm coming here for what I expect (but don't quote me on it) to be my last call for help. I've analyzed my first REAL LSAT exam and previous ones, and they all point towards the same direction, RC. I can average less than -5 in LG and around -7/8 in LR, but my RC is horrendous. I unusually get half right and half wrong (which is weird because I use to do well on AP English exams in high school.) Whatever the reason for this drop, I need a remedy. I used Manhattan LR (going to re-read and hopefully get an average of -5 before the exam), and I'm going to continue studying LG through 7Sage, but I need another perspective if I want to get better in RC. I need to at least cut my wrong answers in half to get a 160+ before June. I've been going through the history of the forums for a couple of hours, and there's not a clear cut answer I can find between LSAT Trainer vs Manhattan RC. I get the hint that LSAT Trainer is better for RC of the two, so I was wondering if anyone else had any input. This should be my last purchase and book being read before I take the LSAT. I have amazon prime, but time is still of the essence! Any speedy response/input would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Both LSAT Trainer AND Manhattan RC would be my recommendation.

What's your *actual* goal score?
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    My goal score is minimum 160 but hopefully a 165. @nicole.hopkins
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @mpits001 said:
    I unusually get half right and half wrong
    From this sentence—am I right to understand you're missing 14 per section?

What's timing like for passage 1-3 versus passage 4? For instance, where are you on the clock after P1, P2, P3, and how long do you have left when you get to P4?
    edited May 2015 938 karma
    You would be correct that is how much I get wrong (12-14). I use to get about 10 wrong (before I took my first real LSAT), but something is off this time around. I usually have about 5-6 minutes on the last passage, but that's not the biggest problem. The hardest passage in the set I usually get all wrong, and then 1-2 in other passages. I can't completely quantify how long each passage takes me, I just know I usually have 5-6 minutes for the last passage (I annotate each paragraph in every passage.) @nicole.hopkins
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    What about drilling Cambridge packets on RC? Have you tried that? It'll show you what subject matter you need to focus on and what's going with your reasoning, after you BR and go over the answer choices.
    938 karma
    Are the packets still available after the PDF file removal? @emli1000
    3462 karma
    @mpits001 yes. I can also email to you some RC study guides.
    edited May 2015 938 karma
    Okay thank you! @emli1000 it's [removed] :)
    3462 karma
    @mpits001 got it! you can remove your email now.
  • _Hopeful_Hopeful Alum Member
    103 karma
    Hey @emli1000, would you be so kind to send me that RC study guides as well? RC is my weakest section and I could really use some help :( Thanks!
  • SDRose11SDRose11 Member
    edited May 2015 30 karma
    @emli1000 may i request the study guides as well? :)
    3462 karma
    @min2050 yes, pm me your email
    3462 karma