Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application updates

I submitted my law school applications in February and just last week found out that a research paper I wrote along with other research lab team members has been published in a psychology journal. I was wondering if this was a worthwhile update and if so how I should go about informing the law schools about it. My top choice law schools are UNC, Wake, and Washington and Lee and I looked on their websites and in their emails and it was not mentioned whether I can send them updates or not. All they said was to contact them if necessary. Should I bother to ask them if I could update them, should I just go ahead and update them, or should I just wait it out? Please advise.

Comments

• 187 karma

Yes it is.

• TimeIsMoneyTimeIsMoney Member
    495 karma

Wow first of all that is awesome, congrats! Absolutely update them on this. I would make a document regarding the Journal and a link/file to it. Just give them a brief synopsis of what it is and ask for it to be added to your file! Especially right now, as decisions are getting finalize, everything helps.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Speaking as a former admissions officer, admissions committees love to see publications. I would update your resume with a section (or subsection under Education if did the work during school) called "Publication" and cite your journal article. You should use a style guide like MLA to do a proper citation. Then send the revised resume to all the admissions offices where your file is still active attached to a very brief email where you give them a summary of the publication and your connection to it. Good luck!