Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pls help me with study schedule

yara12345678yara12345678 Core Member
edited April 2021 in General 65 karma

So I have already finished The Lsat Trainer and took a few PTs. I just got 7sage on April 2, and I have access to it till August 2. I am taking the LSAT in June AND August. However, I don't know if I will have time to get through the entire 7sage core curriculum and take a bunch of practice tests. What should I do? Is it better to make sure i do the full 200+ hours of full curriculum and take less PTs, or are PTs/blind review more effective than the lessons?

Comments

• 424 karma

How are your fundamentals? If you’re having issues with concepts or skills (linking conditionals, diagramming, approaching RC passages, etc), then focus on the CC. If most of your errors are “dumb mistakes” or things where you clearly see your error, then focus on the BR to increase speed and accuracy.

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    edited April 2021 686 karma

The CC estimated times are relatively exaggerated; if you're already familiar with a concept, you'll get through that section must faster than the estimated time.

I'd suggest not skipping around the CC within an overall test-section category (e.g. don't skip to PSA questions in LR before doing earlier sub-sections of the LR CC), only because JY uses terminology that's introduced in earlier lessons, and it might be confusing.

For question types that I felt I had a good grasp of, I generally wouldn't do all of the allocated problem sets before moving on to the next part of the CC.

• 296 karma

I also started with the LSAT trainer, and was felt that I was really far behind on the fundamentals... mike kim barely scratched the surface! I think LR is the section where the trainer needs the most support. I suggest going through the CC from 7 sage, and focus on some + most statements, and all four groups of conditional indicators.

For RC and LG, 7sage is most helpful for methodology (IE HOW you should be studying). I'd suggest trying to get through the LR curriculum while fool proofing and drilling reading comp passages from 7sage.

I'm in a similar situation, and started 7sage a month before you did (3/1). I can really firmly say that PT'ing if you don't understand won't help you. It might show you were you need to improve, but it'll be pointless if you the basic skills aren't there -- you'll just be eating up precious PT's. I'd recommend drilling as long as you can and then building up to PT's in the last few weeks before your exam.