Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem Sets takes me a long time (more than 30 minutes, as the study schedule suggests)

ilikeburritosilikeburritos Core Member
in General 20 karma

The problem sets are typically given an allotted time of 30 minutes to complete (to take the problem set, blind review, then review with the answers/JY).

It usually takes me way longer than 30 minutes, typically 1 hour esp. for the level 5 problem sets. I take a long time in blind reviewing to understand every mistake and also during the actual review with JY for anything else I missed.
This can take a toll when I have scheduled to do like 9 problem sets in a day.

Does anyone else deal with this? And if so, how do you deal with this?

Comments

• 123anami123anami Member
    388 karma

understanding your mistakes and learning from them is the most important part. please don't be too hard on yourself regarding the number of problem sets you do per day - when quality matter more than quality, especially for this exam. you will speed up once you pick up all the skills necessary to perform well on the questions and you will also BR faster/have to review less as you go on.

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello,
    You will have to put X number hours in to get the score you want. Either the time can be upfront (CC) or it can be on the backend(taking and BR PTs). The former method you'll have a higher PT score coming out of the CC. You have to know the content and be able to interact with the content to get to your goal score. I would not worry about taking longer when doing the problem sets. I would take longer than the 30 minutes given. It is good that you are taking your time. I also learned, later than I would have liked, that 3 hours of quality studying is better than 6 hours of mediocre studying.

• 1050 karma

I totally agree with what everyone else is saying. Don't even worry about it at all, you may just need to adjust your expectations re: how many problem sets you can do in a day. At the beginning especially, those harder problem sets took me like 2 hours. Quality over quantity, for sure.