PT75.S3.Q08 - The local news media have long heralded Clemans...

Taosage17Taosage17 Core Member
edited April 2021 in Logical Reasoning 46 karma

Main conclusion question. I haven't missed one of these in a while but this one has me truly confused.

The conclusion of the stimulus is: "This demonstrates how the local media show too much deference toward public figures." ("This" being a case where a politician who was promoted as honest by the media was caught up in a corruption scandal.)

I was tempted by C, but chose E - The local newspaper's treatment of Clemens is indicative of its treatment of public figures in general. I chose E because to me it seemed important that Clemens' case was used to "demonstrate" this phenomenon. C didn't have that. C just says "the local news media show too much deference toward public figures."

Why is E wrong??

Admin Note: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-75-section-3-question-08/

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello, the conclusion is talking about local news media meaning the whole group (AC C).
    AC E is talking about a local newspaper, which would be a sub group of the local news media.
    With the last sentence, premise, in the stimulus it is giving a specific example of how a newspaper did not follow leads on the specific case of Clemens does this show how they treat public figures in general? I do not think so. I think the premise is to give a specific example to support the idea that the local media show too much deference towards public figures, versus how the local newspaper treated Clemens is how they treat public figures in general.